Are there really perks?

Theresa522

I will be cruising Carnival for the second time in July and have cruised NCL twice. So far I have never had any OBC or other perks for sailing again with them. They always say there is nothing going on for past guests. Do you need to cruise more then a certain amount of times?? I just can't figure out how it works. :rolleyes:

Carnival sometimes gives free upgrades of two decks if you book a certain category (not a guarantee) but Iv never heard of OBC because you are a past guest. You can get OBC because the price dropped after final payment, or you own stock, or from your TA but never heard of it because you are a past guest.

I will be cruising Carnival for the second time in July and have cruised NCL twice. So far I have never had any OBC or other perks for sailing again with them. They always say there is nothing going on for past guests. Do you need to cruise more then a certain amount of times?? I just can't figure out how it works. :rolleyes:

Your question has many answers to it. Sometimes the perks come from the

cruise line and sometimes they come from the TA. I happen to be an Elite member of Princess Captains Circle and I get a number of perks such as free internet, free laundry & dry cleaning, etc. That comes from the cruise line.

This past april I was on Carnival Legend and we received a bottle of wine but that came from the TA. Last year I was on an NCL ship and we received on board credit and I believe that also came from the cruise line. Sometimes a TA will put you into a group that they make up and there will be some perks attached to that. So there really isn't a definitive answer to your question.

It's more like a "crap shoot", but my advice to you is do your homework and ask your TA about the perks that may be available to you. ;)

You'll get an invite to a Past Guest [Cocktail] Party assuming you're on a 5+ day cruise. Other perks [not OBC/automatic upgrades] occur at 10 cruises. OBC begins at 25. Before then, OBC/upgrades occur as noted above

i'm a vip member and loved the perks that i received (took all of 6 min from to cabin this past nov)- i'm fortunate to have found a good ta who has always gotten me upgraded- i've done 8 cruises and 1 al inclusive pkg w/ her and have never had any problems- she is awesome and she knows that if she doesn't hear from me by mar (give me 3 straight cloudy gray winter days) that something's amiss!!! I'm a loyal carnival fan- they really give you alot for your $$-

Archived