Laptop

Imabelvr

I was wondering if I would have trouble taking my laptop on to the ship? I've never brought one along in the past - actually, never boarded a plane with one for that matter - and am hoping all goes well @ the airport.

Thanks in advance ---

Happy sailing, :)

no problem, since getting a digital camera..i take the laptop everywhere.

take a strip outlet, to give you more outlets. usually there is only one outlet to use (in most of the cabins)..makes it hard to charge camera batteries and a laptop at the same time.

keep it with you at check in, don't put it in your luggage.

i relax in, at night, playing with my photos..

going through security at the airports and at the ship..we have to take the laptop out of it's case to go through the scanners. otherwise, no problems.

No problem taking it aboard. Have taken it on every cruise and flight we go on. Watch movies. Load pictures. Do email, and maybe a little work.

And since you are about to ask..

There is some wireless on most ships. And even if using your own laptop, you still have to pay for access to the internet. Dial up speeds at $.50 to $.75 per minute.

I take my laptop because we own our own business and I need to keep in touch. What I do is buy the 50 minute (?) package, then I go to a wireless spot, turn on the computer download all of the email, then log off. You can then read the emails at your leisure. You then can replay, attached photos etc. saving them in the template or draft folder, then once you log back on, send them all at once, this minimizes your minutes used.

Archived