Cruising Nov-Jan?

Mrs M

I am considering taking my first cruise this year and was looking at the November-January time frame. Then I realized that it may be cold that time of year. Itinerary would likely be Eastern Caribbean. The big thing for us is laying by the pool and at the beach - will it be warm enough? If not, when is a good time for weather and prices?

In the Caribbean you should be fine. Eastern Caribbean usually runs about 80 - 83 around that time. (The Bahamas will be cooler as they are further north.) You can go to each islands' websites to get the exact temperature averages but I usually cruise in November and the end of January/beginning of February and other than the Bahamas; around 70, it has always been warm and sunny for sunbathing.

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree with the above posters. But keep in mind that you cant control "mother nature" ;) We have encountered cool to cold weather when flying into different parts of florida but it was still warmer than where we came from,lol. As you can see from my signature that is the time of year I cruise. The prices are good, too. Just watch for deals but I have found that if you are getting a break on the cruise then the airfare might be slightly higher because of a holiday. For example, we are sailing this year over "presidents day" I didnt think this would cause a big hike in airfares but that is what the excuse from the airlines was. So just a little info from my neck of the woods. Good :D luck and have fun investigating!

I think November is a warmer month for the water than January....for example we have done both and this past month the Labadee water and others were a bit chillier! Sun though was great. We did experience Mother Nature and the cold snap in Miami.....but the Caribbean in January we have had cloudier days than in November...but one never fools with Mother Nature!

Lou

Hi Mrs M

We have always done the Carib in Jan. with the exception of last march when we cruised the east.carib. We're going back to Jan. in '09 and back to the so. carib. Jan. is WAVE month where you can usually get good deals. The So. Carib is always warm and that time of year seldom hasbad weather......some occasional liquid sunshine.:D

Have a great cruise whatever you choose and let us all know how you enjoyed it !!

Barry

The Caribbean is warm all the time. Warmer other months. What you might find is a couple days of overcast skies. But with a 7 or more day cruise, you really can't go wrong. You'll get plenty of sun! When we left Miami on this Jan. 2nd it was 41 degrees!!! The ship captain even canceled the lifeboat drill!! We just met up at the mustering stations and were explained procedures. But we weren't taken outside on deck. So I'd be prepared for cool weather at your port of departure more than the ports you visit! Have a great time.

Archived