New Orleans questions...

CruisinInNC

We're sailing in September out of New Orleans. I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping the pro's here can help with:

* Someone posted about a hotel that was very near the port - but I can't remember the name of it. Can anyone help?!

* What IS the closest hotel (reasonably priced) to the port, and are there any that have shuttle service so we don't have to take a cab? We don't care about amenities as we'll only be there one night.

Any other tips about sailing out of NO that we should know about?

Thanks!! :)

It is a great place to leave on a cruise! It takes 6 hours or so to get out of the Mississippi and into the Gulf. The night before is a chance to have lots of fun......just like one of your cruise stops. We always stay in the Quarter and eat at one of the great places they have. Cabs are pretty cheap in New Orleans, but someone can probably give you the name of a place close to the pier. Sorry I can't help you out.

There are lots of hotels near the port--anything in the Quarter or CBD would be fairly close. The closest is the Hilton. One that's usually a bit cheaper than others and is pretty nice is the Drury Inn, which is fairly close.

There's a ton of info on the New Orleans board too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived