Car Rental/St.T. Budget only has small cars Need A Van

Doug&Suzy-Q

I have Googled & Googled.......but I am having a hard time finding a car rental in St. Thomas other than Budget......last time we did Budget...great rate...even though the return person was ticked off that we got sand in the car:eek: Yeah...we still laugh over that one......this is an island of beaches isn't it??

There will be 5 of us this trip and would like a van so everyone can have their own window........3 of the travelers are first time cruisers........

Even though this is a St. Thomas thread....Budget on St. Marten is $105. for a van..........seems high.....

Appreciate help:D

Hello,

If you are docked in Havensight, try Avis - they have an office across the street from the Havensight dock/shopping area. Budget has a location there to so figured that is where you tried; do they not have vans at all available or just not at that location? If its just at that location you might ask if they can get it from another location?

Other car rentals: Dependable, Amalie, Discount, Thirfty, Cowpet, Tri-Island, Hertz. Pretty sure you'd have to get to their office to pick up the vehicle but you can ask just the same about courtesy pick up and definately about where they are located so you can figure out the details on getting there.

--Islander

Thanks......last night I pulled out "the maps" you know the stack...lots of useless old maps to places you will never go again...........and what did I find?? Well at map of St. Marten but none for St. Thomas..........

Thanks....every time I Yahoo or Google I just get Budget or Dependable. No more.........thanks

Suzanne

Archived