NCL already sold out for the summer 2008?

yankees413

looks to me like everything came true. guess the ncl help desk person was correct and it would appear the people at the port authority of maui also knew what they were talking about. sorry couldn't help but get in this little dig.

We always knew that the Pride of America was in dry dock the last two weeks of April and first two weeks of May! That was no surprise to any of us here and technically the POAm cruises are sold out as there won't be much left after all the POA book on.:rolleyes:

I notice that all of the months are listed on the NCL site again this AM. The price is a little higher than what we paid for our 6/7 booking, but not much. The itinerary has changed. This is what is listed now for the 6/7 sailing...

Sat - Honolulu

Sun & Mon - Maui (8A Sun-2P Mon)

Tu - Hilo (8A-6P)

W - Kona (7A-6P)

Th & F - Kauai (8A Thurs-noon Fri)

Sa - Honolulu

Just an FYI for any of you who have booked excursions. Fortunately, it won't affect mine since I was waiting 'til this weekend to reserve our cars.

Thanks for the info. I was looking for the itinerary last night for the new cruising, provided I get on it, and I couldn't find it.

My travel agent set up a hot line until late just to deal with us Aloha people. :) They have four people and a special number. I wonder how NCL is helping the agencies who are spending change straightening everything out.

They couldn't do anything, but I think it was therapeutic. ha ha Nah... I did think... that poor guy. The good thing is he seemed to not be real busy. I am betting today and over the course of several weeks they will be packed. I went ahead and sent them an e-mail late last night asking for the switch to May l0, so I should be first in line thanks to this board!

It will screw up some things we were going to do before, but it will work out.

Here is a stupid question. Does anyone know where this ship will be? What pier? Is it walking distance (within about l l/2 miles) of the Aqua Palms..which is somewhere near HHV? I need to change the hotel reservations.

We need to change the hotel reservations I made last August. Unfortunately the price went up on the hotel, and we now need somewhere to stay the night the ship returns. We don't leave until l0:30 p.m. the FOLLOWING day ..because we assumed we would get off the ship and do an all day tour and end up at the airport.

My hope is the Aqua Palms will let me keep the August rate I booked at for the night after the cruise, but I doubt it. I do need to cancel one night I had prior to the cruise with them too. Maybe they will feel sorry, and say it is still three nights.. just spread out. lol However, I am hoping we can just walk back to the hotel after the cruise.

Since the air works out, I don't want to hassle with trying to change it and getting money back from NCL. I will see if we can go back to the hotel for the day when the cruise ends, and then find an all day tour the next day that will dump us at the airport..no clue..but a thought.

I am NOT calling the hotel until I get a confirmed booking. :-)

We'll be anxious to hear how your arrangements work out, coastaljen. The changes didn't really affect any of our plans, but I find myself feeling frustrated with the way it was handled and the way it obviously has affected others, particularly the person who was planning a honeymoon. Hopefully, the hotel will accommodate you since it was completely out of your control.

BTW, we're practically neighbors. I'm in Columbia. :)

I just wanted to give everyone an update about how things are going with my honeymoon arrangements. I called this morning at 9am, they decided at that time that they aren't taking phone calls until 9:30am. I call my travel agent, who sat on the phone for 45 minutes. They told us that they had cabins in our class open on the 12th. Then, they told us that we weren't able to switch to the 12th because they were only allowing people to switch to the 5th (our wedding date). That was 40 minutes ago. My travel agent is still on the phone arguing with them. I am absolutely appalled at this point. I know that there are worse things in the world that could happen, but you only have one honeymoon. We have been saving up for this for 2 years. Now even if they let us switch, we would pay $500 each to change plane. I'm a wreck but trying to keep things in perspective...I will still be married to my fiance. Thanks so much for everyone's support.

Steveatnovau,

I feel really bad for you. I know how hard it is to imagine any other honeymoon when you have your heart set on one specifically.

My cruise agent told me last night on the phone that she had a couple facing the same problem as you. There are probably many more since NCLA advertised on their promotional video that "the Pride of Aloha is the perfect ship for honeymooners since it departs on Sundays".

I would have to agree with the others and get the refund (hopefully before you leave). You didn't say which month or year you are getting married, so hopefully you haven't paid your final balance on the cruise. You mentioned that you just have your hotel and excursions booked, so maybe you will be able to salvage something. I wish you the best of luck!

tutu d, I've been the group leader for several trips and cruises and I know how hard all of the logistical planning is. I hope everything works out for you. We have already booked all of our rental cars and excursions for all of the islands and NCLA switched our days in Hilo and Maui around, so I will need to re-book all of those. This is nothing compared to what you will have to face though. Best of luck to you!

I just wanted to give everyone an update about how things are going with my honeymoon arrangements. I called this morning at 9am, they decided at that time that they aren't taking phone calls until 9:30am. I call my travel agent, who sat on the phone for 45 minutes. They told us that they had cabins in our class open on the 12th. Then, they told us that we weren't able to switch to the 12th because they were only allowing people to switch to the 5th (our wedding date). That was 40 minutes ago. My travel agent is still on the phone arguing with them. I am absolutely appalled at this point. I know that there are worse things in the world that could happen, but you only have one honeymoon. We have been saving up for this for 2 years. Now even if they let us switch, we would pay $500 each to change plane. I'm a wreck but trying to keep things in perspective...I will still be married to my fiance. Thanks so much for everyone's support.

I'm so sorry this is such a mess. I hope that your travel agent will be able to get you switched to the one on the 12th. Let us know how it all works out.

I am not getting anywhere yet. ScarlettKND did you get moved to the other ship??????? I thought it would be a quick call and a change. I hate to keep bugging people. However, I may call again today. I have called and e-mailed.

Does anyone know if the itinerary on the NCL site is correct? It shows Maui as the first port. Roberts Hawaii doesn't show the same order. Are they changing the itinerary and Roberts doesn't know? I am getting myself more confused. The one place I wanted to do a ship tour was on Maui.. ALL day tour, but I don't know if I want to wait until I get on to book it for fear we won't get on it. If it isn't until later in the trip, I wouldn't worry about that. OK--edit I reread the former post. I guess they are changing the itinerary. I wonder if that new one is set in stone. ?

I just wrote to the Polynesian Cultural Center and asked that they refund the $500 they billed last week. rofl... No response yet.

Priority is getting the cruise rebooked and confirmed. Then getting the hotel straightened out. Then tracking down things.

I do feel bad for the honeymooners. ugh.... Hopefully they can give you a different sailing.

Does anyone know if the itinerary on the NCL site is correct? It shows Maui as the first port. Roberts Hawaii doesn't show the same order. Are they changing the itinerary and Roberts doesn't know? .

When our itineray changed I contacted Roberts and asked about the changes to see if they would automatically change my bookings with them and it was still several weeks before they updated their website. So IMO Roberts can be terribly slow at updating their website for itinerary changes.

While I wasn't comfortable with what their website said eventually it all worked out

I would like to know if the itinerary on the NCL website for the 5/17 sailing is correct. They did change some things around. I went ahead and changed my car reservations, but maybe I should have waited.

My cruise agent sent me a e-mail just a little while ago. I asked her to confirm our itinerary with NCL. She replied with this, "I have heard that they have reordered the itinerary on the May 10th sailing, but are still giving the same ports and amount of port time. I am trying to get through on their special number to reaccommodate a passenger on the 5/10 sailing (it is his honeymoon). Been holding 2hrs 16 minutes so far."

I cannot believe NCLA would cancel cruises only three months away. This is very disturbing. I would think this whole fiasco will undoubtedly cause a lot of people to never book a cruise with Norwegian again. I know we won't!

First, let me say I feel so badly for those of you having to re-arrange honeymoons. Your honeymoon should be your prize of relaxation for making it through the stress leading up to your wedding.

We were one of those ready to book in May and the cruise mysteriously disappeared. After checking the sailings everyday for a few weeks, we finally decided to book the April 16 Pride of Aloha.

My question now is, what happens to the staff of the Pride of Aloha? Will the cruise be fully staffed and will the service be decent? Just worried that there is no motivation for people to stay.

I just heard back from my travel agent, and we're not officially booked on the May 10th sailing on the Pride of America. I'm so glad we had a travel agent because my parents have been on hold for over two hours today trying to get through to NCL.

I am just relieved that we are actually booked. Now I just have to start cancelling all our other reservations and then start rescheduling everything. It will be a pain, but I definitely feel much better now. I'm glad that we'll be on a nicer, newer ship.

I hope everything goes smoothly for everyone else who has been affected!

Glad I don't have to ring them to change ships, image a 2-3 hour phone call from Australia not to mention the time difference.

Here is a e-mail address for the man that gave me the upsell (don't mentioned me he might down grade me). I wonder why they offered me an upsell to a AFT balcony cabin when all this was going to happen. I went from an obstructed view G to a BA for only $210.

MCharles@ncl.com

I think I will hold off a bit longer before booking my hire cars just in case they change the order of the ports again. I have little faith in them now.

Glad I don't have to ring and change ships. Image the phone bill for 2-3 hours on the phone from Australia not to mention the time difference.

Here is an e-mail address for the man that sold be the upgrade. They appear to go by first name and initial of last name. His name is Charles. MCharles@ncl.com don't mention me as he might down grade me to a inside cabin in the engine room when he gets hit with a million e-mails.

I wonder why they offered me a upgrade from obstructed view cabin (G) to a AFT balcony cabin (BA) for only $210 if they knew this was all going to happen? Very strange.

I am going to hold off booking my hire car for a few more weeks just in case they change the ports again!

• Administrators
Glad I don't have to ring and change ships. Image the phone bill for 2-3 hours on the phone from Australia not to mention the time difference.

Here is an e-mail address for the man that sold be the upgrade. They appear to go by first name and initial of last name. His name is Charles. MCharles@ncl.com don't mention me as he might down grade me to a inside cabin in the engine room when he gets hit with a million e-mails.

I wonder why they offered me a upgrade from obstructed view cabin (G) to a AFT balcony cabin (BA) for only $210 if they knew this was all going to happen? Very strange.

I am going to hold off booking my hire car for a few more weeks just in case they change the ports again!

They may very well have been making room for Pride of Aloha pax who would need your G-class cabins as their comparable ones.

Has anybody actually gotten thru yet? i've been trying all day. i am wondering what happens when they close at 5:30pm do they hang up on everyone. and no I won't hang loose! i think i am past tears to laughing now, i am not sure if that makes me crazy. i am such a planner (as with most people i am sure on this site) not having something set is insane and giving me an ucler. I had taken solace in the fact that it was freezing cold and wouldnt stop snowing outside with the fact i was going to hawaii. come on ncl give a michigander a reason to go on, lol...ps

• Administrators
Has anybody actually gotten thru yet? i've been trying all day. i am wondering what happens when they close at 5:30pm do they hang up on everyone. and no I won't hang loose! i think i am past tears to laughing now, i am not sure if that makes me crazy. i am such a planner (as with most people i am sure on this site) not having something set is insane and giving me an ucler. I had taken solace in the fact that it was freezing cold and wouldnt stop snowing outside with the fact i was going to hawaii. come on ncl give a michigander a reason to go on, lol...ps

Hi, and welcome to the Hawaii boards, FencingCruiser! I wish the circumstances were better for you to have found us -- but I'm glad you did! You will find a great community of helpful, supportive people, and much aloha spirit here. I know being on hold is frustrating in the extreme (I assume you booked direct and can't rely on a TA to do this for you?), but I don't think they will hang up on everyone (and remember the hours of operation are EST, so in Michigan don't you have an extra hour? :))

I would not tell you to "hang loose," but I will say "hang in there!" Remember, if worse comes to worse you can cancel the cruise, but use your airfare, rent a hotel room or condo, and still get away to paradise. That's not a bad worst case scenario!

I think my ear will always be red --- from holding the phone to it for 2 1/2 hours (from 7am MST to 9:33 MST). Wish I had a conference phone at my desk. Okay, so after lots and lots and lots of sweet talk and hundreds of "we're so sorry"s, we have similar cabins on PofAm ... not quite as good, but at least the cruise will be possible. Interestingly, the category was reduced, but the fare increased, although they said the original fare is protected so we do not have to pay any additional. Strange because the cabins are now almost in the aft of the ship and before they were almost mid-ship. We received our original early booking onboard credit of $50 per cabin and an additional $200 per cabin. The airline tickets were another 2 hours on the phone punctuated with a lot of begging and 2 supervisors. Finally got most of extra fees waived, but no seats until checkin. Thank goodness we can fly on the same non-stop. Their original claim was that there were no seats available ... hmmm, amazing what a supervisor can do! Still confused about how we receive the $100 per person for extra fare charges and the $75 per person for change fare fee. FYI that is exactly the amount charged by the airline for the changes plus the increase fare. Do you think they are aware of the exact amount being remunerated by NCL? The NCL agent told me to send receipts to customer relations in Miami for reimbursement, but that doesn't sound right. Any other directions from other agents? Thanks again for all your help and support. Hope to see some of you aboard ... or not, depending on the behavior of my grandchildren! :rolleyes: Mahalo, Tutu

...I would not tell you to "hang loose," but I will say "hang in there!" Remember, if worse comes to worse you can cancel the cruise, but use your airfare, rent a hotel room or condo, and still get away to paradise. That's not a bad worst case scenario!
That is very true...a land based vacation in Hawaii offers some advantages that a cruise does not...but I hope everyone will eventually be able to rebook!

I think my ear will always be red --- from holding the phone to it for 2 1/2 hours (from 7am MST to 9:33 MST). Wish I had a conference phone at my desk. Okay, so after lots and lots and lots of sweet talk and hundreds of "we're so sorry"s, we have similar cabins on PofAm ... not quite as good, but at least the cruise will be possible. Interestingly, the category was reduced, but the fare increased, although they said the original fare is protected so we do not have to pay any additional. Strange because the cabins are now almost in the aft of the ship and before they were almost mid-ship. We received our original early booking onboard credit of $50 per cabin and an additional $200 per cabin. The airline tickets were another 2 hours on the phone punctuated with a lot of begging and 2 supervisors. Finally got most of extra fees waived, but no seats until checkin. Thank goodness we can fly on the same non-stop. Their original claim was that there were no seats available ... hmmm, amazing what a supervisor can do! Still confused about how we receive the $100 per person for extra fare charges and the $75 per person for change fare fee. FYI that is exactly the amount charged by the airline for the changes plus the increase fare. Do you think they are aware of the exact amount being remunerated by NCL? The NCL agent told me to send receipts to customer relations in Miami for reimbursement, but that doesn't sound right. Any other directions from other agents? Thanks again for all your help and support. Hope to see some of you aboard ... or not, depending on the behavior of my grandchildren! :rolleyes: Mahalo, Tutu
that's great news...I wonder how NCL will re-imburse pax for the airline change fees?:confused:

• Administrators

LOL, Tutu! Thanks for coming back to update us -- I know what a hassle that was for you, and I hope your trip is everything you want it to be to repay what you had to go through!

On the reimbursement for the airfare thing, I'm not an agent, but I believe I'd let that one sit a week or two (while NCL continues trying to fix everyone else's bookings and their customer service phones are a zoo). Then contact them again (especially once you have your CC bill with these change fees on it in hand) to find out a NAME who is going to be responsible for this reimbursement, and what you need to do to receive it (snail mail, fax a copy of the receipt, etc.).

Hope that helps, and when the dust settles come back and ask questions about excursions, etc! :)

I have checked my account on the NCL website and they have changed us onto the POAM but from a BB mid ship cabin to a BC Grade cabin, first one at front of ship. It seems to have a bigger cabin. 9002

Does anyone know if a front cabin is better or should i ask them to change to mid ship cabin?

Thanks Katie :cool:

Archived