How do you find out what peir you will dock at?

StarWarsGal

I have seen on many blogs where people know what pier they are docking at in different ports and what other ships will be there at the same time. How do you find this out? where can I go to get this information?:confused:

There are 3 piers in 'cozumel and it would help my planning to know.

We were going to dock downtown on our cruise but when we got there they informed us we were docking at the international pier and we would have to take a taxi to go downtown. It was no big deal. They said there were to many ships docked at the downtown peir. We did see the Disney ship downtown. I wonder if the cruise lines buy dock space or is it first come first served.

Mike

It is my understanding from earlier posts on the boards, that it is generally first come, first serve. And that even though your ship maybe scheduled to dock at one particular pier, that could change, as the ship is getting ready to dock. Particularly in Cozumel, which is one busy place.

I have been to Cozumel twice on the Fantasy and docked at Punta Lagosta the first time and International Pier the second time even though we were the only ship in port that day. I prefer the Punta Lagosta pier as it is already downtown and right by Carlos n Charlies(lol)

Does anyone know exactly how many ship slips (say that three times fast lol) there are for docking in Cozumel? According to cruisecal.com our ship(Fascination) is one of six scheduled for Cozumel on 1/23. Will we all be able to dock?

Archived