guitar shop request!

newfreedoms

This is our first cruise coming in November to Coz. and Calica. I've just discovered this site and it's helping a lot. Husband has agreed to go to beach some, but is a guitarist. All he really wants to do is try to find one guitar maker shop someplace during this trip. After reading about shopping in some of the areas, it's a little concern to get off the beaten path.

But haven't a clue where to start finding a safe, reliable place to visit!

ANY IDEAS???confused.gif

I'm eagerly awaiting my first visit to Cozumel in November. However, I've read a LOT on these and many other boards. Here is a quote and a website about a store you might want to look at.

The House of Music

What a fascinating shop. At PAX you will find a selection of musical instruments indigenous to Mexico including guitars, marimbas, mandolins, charangas, harps, violins, ukuleles and much more. There is a collection of hundreds of wonderful handmade musical instruments from colonial times to the present. They also have a selection of CDs with traditional music.

The charangas I found particularly interesting. They were originally used during colonial times, look somewhat similar to a guitar but they have double strings and the back of the instrument is made of an armadillo shell. The shop is at the corner of Av. 15 and Juarez downtown.

A web site for this store is http://www.islacozumel.net/services/pax/

Maybe someone else can give you further recommendations about this store or others that might exist.

Archived