Spirit re-posion to Hawaii

karaokecruiser

we are booked on th Spririt departing Vancouver to Hawaii in Sept 08. Has anyone done this cruise before? What is the weather like on the 5 days over to the Hawaiian Islands. I imagine the first day or two at sea can be quite coolish 08, maybe not. Any experience? Too late to edit re-poison to re-position. Cruising is my poison!

Cruising is my poison, too!

We did the reverse itinerary a few years ago and would so love to go it again! We sailed from Honolulu to Vancouver with seven days in the islands and five at sea.

Our last few days were cool and rainy, but by that time we had met so many people on the ship that we just didn't bother with our balcony. We had no problems at all with rough seas during the transit, but did have some motion at night in the islands.

We're 50-somethings and were some of the younger people on board. That was a pleasant change! Michael Mullane was cruise director and did a great job adding activities for the longer cruise and sea days. Entertainment was wonderful, including "Tribute to the Temptations"! Nipsy Russell performed on board, but we missed him as he became ill after the first show (though we did see him in the dining room).

It was a great cruise and continues to be my favorite of our 25 cruises so far.

We took this exact cruise the 3rd week in Sep in 2005. The first 2 days were chilly enough to need a jacket at night walking the deck but otherwise the weather was perfect. We thoroughly enjoyed this cruise - a nice mix of time for relaxing and things to do and see. We rented a car in each port and went off exploring on our own. We had already been to Maui and Kuai before but enjoyed having our own car to see the Big Island, etc. It is probably our favorite cruise of all our 14 so far.

Archived