For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

I am the same way! LOL. I like the process...even if it can be scary....

Shon sometimes misreads my worry as a bad thing. Today he said, "Don't worry, maybe I should just handle the details". Duh, doesn't he get it? The worry and anxiousness is part of my fun though.

I feel your pain :D

Honestly, since I started cruising....and spending obscene amounts of time planning.....I don't know what I would focus on if I didn't have a cruise booked???:eek: Yikes! Addiction at it's best :p

Hi all. When you name your own price on Priceline do you have to accept that hotel?? I'm sorry but I have not done that yet. :o I'm not sure I would like what they give me. I hope to book the same resort that my parents are staying in in San Juan for our July AOS cruise. Thanks for letting me change the topic for a moment.

Hi all. When you name your own price on Priceline do you have to accept that hotel?? I'm sorry but I have not done that yet. :o I'm not sure I would like what they give me. I hope to book the same resort that my parents are staying in in San Juan for our July AOS cruise. Thanks for letting me change the topic for a moment.

Yes if they accept your price you have bought it. If you want a certain hotel Priceline is not for you.

Suzie - the planning is the BEST part!!!! I book my cruises a year out and get to spend 365 days obsessing over every single detail!!! :p :p Ask my DH - he will tell you what a pleasure I am to live with!!!! :rolleyes:

Same here. My DH rolls his eyes at me. Only 60 days to go and he

won't have to listen to me anymore.:D (at least about this cruise)

Denise

Same here. My DH rolls his eyes at me. Only 60 days to go and he

won't have to listen to me anymore.:D (at least about this cruise)

Denise

60 days???? You are in the home stretch baby!!!!

Just wait until your cruise docs arrive - then you can really drive him up a wall! ;)

Oh, Denise....what happens when your DH finally meets us? We're all addicted if we are on these boards. This is our addiction support group.:D

Jen

Jen - My DH is still stunned at how quickly this whole cruising thing took hold of me and won't let go!!! :D

We are just about ready to go :D Leaving Saturday morning @ 6:00am.

If anyone has particular questions they want answered about the AOS, try and post them here. I will do my best to answer you - and if I can't, I will find the answer for you onboard.

I would love to do a 'live" thread, but I think the connection time would drive me looney!!!! I will try and check in throughout my B2B with any interesting information.

I will definitely be posting another online album on Webshots when I return....so stay tuned for that :)

Thanks to everyone who has made this into a fantastic thread!!!I had no idea when I started it, that it would attract quite this much interest. The AOS is an amazing ship and I can't wait to see her on Sunday!!!:p

I am a Diamond C&A member and have just booked the AOS because I liked the itinerary. I have spent the time to read all these AOS postings and would like to offer the following:

1. I have no concern about a significant number of local resident Puerto Ricans who want to spend their hard earned money and join me on the AOS for a great vacation. However, I do have a concern if I spent double the amount of money for my cabin plus airfare and find that my neighbors from Puerto Rico paid no airfare and received a fire sale price on their cabin. I do not feel that there should be fire sales to fill up empty cabins that are made available only to local residents...I would prefer to see AOS sail with some empty cabins in case some folks have to request changes of cabins due to any number of reasons.

2. I commend the person who so correctly pointed out that the folks who live in Puerto Rico are US citizens just like us mainland US folks. However, I do not like the idea nor do I understand the idea of having announcements made in Spanish on AOS after all we are not sailing out of Spain we are sailing out of Puerto Rico USA. I have had many friends and co-workers in the NYC area who are Puerto Rican and they all speak English. I have been to San Juan several times and found that all the folks I dealt with spoke English so I do not understand the need to have announcements in Spanish when sailing out of an American Port...if anything, it implies that Puerto Ricans do not speak English which has not been my experience. If there are some poor farmers or fishermen in Puerto Rico who because of poverty do not speak English...well I doubt very much if you will find them sailing on AOS since they simpyl can't afford to!

I am looking forward to my sailing on AOS and am sure I will have a great time.

I like this thread!

i'm planning a couples cruise and am considering the AOS. This itinerary seems so awesome. I didn't know Adventure was a voyager class ship.

Thanks for this thread. I have no problem with Puerto Ricans or Announcements in spanish so I assume I'll have no problems on this ship.

I like this thread!

i'm planning a couples cruise and am considering the AOS. This itinerary seems so awesome. I didn't know Adventure was a voyager class ship.

Thanks for this thread. I have no problem with Puerto Ricans or Announcements in spanish so I assume I'll have no problems on this ship.

I think the AOS would be the perfect ship and itinerary for a couples cruise :)

Bon Voyage Robyn! When you get back I will only have 2 more weeks to

wait. We leave for PR 4 weeks from tomorrow to get the party started!

Have an awesome time:)

Lela

Thanks Lela - I am getting pretty excited!!!! Can't wait to see my favorite ship again.....it's like coming home ;)

I have no problems either and would like to add that on our Delta flight from Atlanta, Georgia to San Juan, Puerto Rico the announcements were made in English and then in Spanish. Also in the Atlanta airport the calls to board our flight were in both languages. I was not the least bit perturbed by this and can't wait to get back on that flight and the Adventure again.

We got the Marriott Stellaris through Priceline for $115 for our Septmeber cruise. Several people got that price, as well.

Funny thing, we can't get anything for the prior week's cruise! I wonder why???

I am wondering about Priceline and "naming your own price". How do you know what price to put in and how soon do you know if the resort accepted your bid? Not sure what to bid and do you add tax to your bid? There will be two possibly four adults. As you can tell this will be my first time possibly going this route. My parents are staying at El San Juan for our July cruise on AOS and I would like to try to stay there as well. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Robyn - Enjoy your B2B on your favorite ship. Can't wait for July!!

I am wondering about Priceline and "naming your own price". How do you know what price to put in and how soon do you know if the resort accepted your bid? Not sure what to bid and do you add tax to your bid? There will be two possibly four adults. As you can tell this will be my first time possibly going this route. My parents are staying at El San Juan for our July cruise on AOS and I would like to try to stay there as well. Thanks in advance for any tips.

Robyn - Enjoy your B2B on your favorite ship. Can't wait for July!!

This was actually my first time using Priceline as well. I looked at the San Juan thread on Cruise critic and read the recent Priceline winning bids. I had to make 2 price changes before they accepted my bid. There is no guarantee which hotel/resort you will get. I was lucky enough to have another lady from our roll call bid and get the one I wanted so I was pretty sure it was the one I would eventually get. The good news is, there are only a few "resorts" in San Juan listed on Priceline and they are all nice so you can't really lose there.

I suggest you go to the San Juan board and read what many others have tried. They have really good tips!

Archived