Grand Caymans

wolveptg1

Sea Grapes beach. It's a nice strip of the beach with a bar/restaurant and chair rentals. I love it. We love to eat at a place called Paradise. When you tender, go to the right and it's an open air restaurant with great prices and good food, and the best part is you can easily walk there (about a 7-10 minute walk, max - that's walking slow IMO) -- I've already told DH that's where I want to eat, as we missed out on that last time we were there with our friends :(

There is a Señor Frogs there, and it's nice for a cold drink, but be mindful of the exchange rate when you go.

I am not a fan of Stingray City, only because I am scared to death of the stringrays (did it twice, hated it both times) for Lord only knows what reason, but my hubby likes it. If you've never done it I would definitely go -- you need to experience it at least once :) You can go early (they have one that leaves at 7:40) and you're back by 10:30 and have plenty of time to explore, shop and eat before getting back to the ship :)

We were just there Christmas Eve and we shopped a little and caught a Taxi to Seven Mile. It was beautiful and the water was very refreshing!!!! The weather was fabulous. Hope you guys have a great time whatever you do. The taxi was only 4$ per person.

Hi,

For those of you who went on the Rays Reef and Rumpoint tour...what ship were you on and what time did you get off the ship etc. I am a little concerned about taking it and making it back on the ship. We will be on the Conquest in 2008. How does the time difference effect the tours?

Kim

Definitely swim with the stingrays- It's something you have to do once in your life. Both times we've been there, we've booked an independent tour. Moby Dick the first time and Capt. Bryan's the second. Both companies were great, chose Capt Bryan the second time because they offered a tour especially for the Inspiration (shorter time in port) We are going again in Sept. and I think will be using Capt. Bryan again as, I liked their boat better, room to lay out on and such. I would recommend either company though, they both had great tours. No need to worry about timing, with both companies we had plenty of time before and after to explore the city and do some shopping. Have fun!

Hi,

For those of you who went on the Rays Reef and Rumpoint tour...what ship were you on and what time did you get off the ship etc. I am a little concerned about taking it and making it back on the ship. We will be on the Conquest in 2008. How does the time difference effect the tours?

Kim

While i don't remember what time we got to shore each time, what i can tell you is, do not be afraid to take a private tour, these guides are professionals, their jobs depend on getting you back to the ship on time, they know you are on ship time and that is the time they use for the tours.

You will not be alone, there will be other people off you ship on the tour with you.

We have been to Cayman on the Inspiration, Liberty, Conquest (twice) & Valor, all but once we have taken a private tour (just walked to the snorkel area the other time) We have always gotten back with enough time to take the tender back to the ship, change and take the Tender back to shore for some shopping.

We normally wait until we get to the pier and track down Capt Bryan.

There will be many people at the pier holding signs for private tours, Bryan will be one of them.

Have a great trip:)

This sounds like the perfect trip for us--we will be on the Inspiration-departing at 2pm so I was worried about the times. Some questions

Do you think we have time to do the 2 1/2 hour tour and still have time for lunch before the last tender at say Margaritiville?

Also, we don't snorkel---will we bored at the 2nd stop if we don't try it?

Looking For Things To Do On The Island, Thought Maybe The Seven Mile Beach. Any Suggestions

...snorkeling with the stingrays. It was totally awesome. We booked our tour through a private company - Nativeway. They were very professional. We swam with, held, kissed and fed the stingrays, then we snorkeled over a reef, and on our trip to Rum Point, we ordered from a menu and our lunch was ready when we got to the beach. Relaxing, refreshing and I would do it again.

...snorkeling with the stingrays. It was totally awesome. We booked our tour through a private company - Nativeway. They were very professional. We swam with, held, kissed and fed the stingrays, then we snorkeled over a reef, and on our trip to Rum Point, we ordered from a menu and our lunch was ready when we got to the beach. Relaxing, refreshing and I would do it again.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Rays, Reef & Rum Point. We've got this booked for our trip on the Legend in 2 weeks. Thanks.

Sea Grapes beach. It's a nice strip of the beach with a bar/restaurant and chair rentals. I love it. We love to eat at a place called Paradise. When you tender, go to the right and it's an open air restaurant with great prices and good food, and the best part is you can easily walk there (about a 7-10 minute walk, max - that's walking slow IMO) -- I've already told DH that's where I want to eat, as we missed out on that last time we were there with our friends :(

There is a Señor Frogs there, and it's nice for a cold drink, but be mindful of the exchange rate when you go.

I am not a fan of Stingray City, only because I am scared to death of the stringrays (did it twice, hated it both times) for Lord only knows what reason, but my hubby likes it. If you've never done it I would definitely go -- you need to experience it at least once :) You can go early (they have one that leaves at 7:40) and you're back by 10:30 and have plenty of time to explore, shop and eat before getting back to the ship :)

Where are the lockers at Sea Grape Beach?

Is there a limited amount? :)

Sea Grape Beach if you are looking for beach time. Skip the CCL beach excursion and save yourself $$$. Get a taxi at the pier and tell them where you want to go. Not hard to get one back, either. Just don't wait until the last minute. Traffic there is a bear!

Sea Grape is not as crowded as the other beaches and there is no charge to use it as it is a public beach, not private. great food and drinks available as well as chair and umbrella rentals.

We did the Beach Break Excursion one year and wil never do THAT again! Packed like sardines on a small section of beach that was wall to wall people. NOT worth the money! Lesson learned...........After you've been to a port a few times, you get the hang of what to do to get the most for your $$:)

Stingray City is a do-not-miss. We've also done the waverunner tour with Ebanks.

How was the waverunner tour? I'm looking at that for our cruise. Do you get any beach time or will they drop you off at a beach when the tour is over??

The waverunner tour was fun - for the speed, independence & small group. We booked with Ebanks online, paid with a credit card. We were met in front of the Hard Rock Café by an employee (actually the guy pictured on their site, I recognized him). We were supposed to ride the waverunners over to Stingray City, but the water was apparently too choppy - lots of wind that day. So we did their alternative tour: taxied out to the end of 7 mile beach, rode the waverunners practically back to the ship, snorkeled an old wreck, rode back, snorkeled at a reef, rode around some more and went back to the starting point. After this, they brought us back to the pier.

We had an early departure from Grand Cayman, otherwise we would have tried to go to the beach as well.

Our teens had a blast & those waverunners can go really fast! This excursion is not for the faint of heart - 2 people in our group flipped over (they were ok, got back on). The staff are not chatty, they don't make videos or take pix and didn't give us the "if you like us tip us" speech. It's basically a pick-up/do it/drop-off kind of excursion.

While i don't remember what time we got to shore each time, what i can tell you is, do not be afraid to take a private tour, these guides are professionals, their jobs depend on getting you back to the ship on time, they know you are on ship time and that is the time they use for the tours.

You will not be alone, there will be other people off you ship on the tour with you.

We have been to Cayman on the Inspiration, Liberty, Conquest (twice) & Valor, all but once we have taken a private tour (just walked to the snorkel area the other time) We have always gotten back with enough time to take the tender back to the ship, change and take the Tender back to shore for some shopping.

We normally wait until we get to the pier and track down Capt Bryan.

There will be many people at the pier holding signs for private tours, Bryan will be one of them.

Have a great trip:)

The website says it's a 2 block walk to where you leave. So, do you book at the pier and then walk down there?

I'm just trying to decide if I should wait until I get there or book online b4 I go.

Lunch is not included correct? What kind of food was offered and how were the prices?

How much of a deposit did you need to leave for reservation? Do they pick you up or do you have to walk or get a taxi somewhere?

Their website isn't very information.

Archived