Any advice with Priceline in Seattle in July?

racepoint

Mid-July '08. Is it too early to shop? I want a nice (3+ star) place to stay (downtown) and don't want to wait too long or pay too much. I have looked on biddingfortravel.com. without getting the answers to my questions. Any help would be appeciated.

We sure did Priceline in Seattle and saved a lot of money. You are correct to look at Bidding for Travel as you can see what the going rate is and where your free re-bids are. This may be a little early for July, but that is surely the way I went. I would spend a few extra days in Seattle if you could. There is a lot to do there. Nancy

Took a vacation to Seattle in July last year. On a weekend, we got the downtown Sheraton in Seattle for $125/night. It's usual list on the web was over $200. I think it was in April we booked.

So no real tip, but that was my experience.

Used priceline last week and bid for 4* downtown hotel in July. The bid was successful and received Hotel Vintage Park for $75 per night. For 2 nights it was $150 plus $30.70 taxes and fees for a grand total of $180.70. Also bid the same price for 3 nights in August postcruise and received the same hotel. Ken...

Archived