Sheraton Seattle

crimmper

I was thinking of the Sheraton for our pre-cruise lodging. Does anyone have any comments on this hotel. I think I read on another thread that the hotel is undergoing renovations. Can someone shed some light on this. I did read some reviews on tripadvisor.com that there is an updated tower. Majority of the reviews were positive.

Wife and I will be cruising out of Seattle July 27 on the NCL Pearl.

Thanks in advance to all who reply. :D

It is coming along quite nicely. They have renovated and added new restaurant spaces on the main level; and redone the main entrance, and added event space. They are pretty much completed now with the new tour and addition of 420 new rooms. I think that you will be pleased. It is centrally located in downtown, and within walking distance (if you desire and don't have too many suitcases to Pier 66 (about 1.25 miles).

Thanks for the info. Karen.

My wife & I were in Seattle October 07. We went straight from the airport to downtown Seattle. We spent a couple of hours taking in some sites (Pikes Market & Space Needle) before we headed to my brother-in-laws house in Sequim.

We get into Seattle airport 10:50 am. Any recommendations as to other sites we should see while we are downtown?

Thanks again.:D

The Underground Tour in Pioneer Square is very worthwhile (so long as you aren't claustrophobic being under the streets of the city, and don't mind a bit of a walk). The National Park Service's Klondike Gold Rush Museum (also in Pioneer Square) is also interesting, particularly if you are planning to visit the other half of it while you are in Skagway.

Taking a half hour ferry ride over to Bainbridge Island and walking around/visiting the galleries and such over there is a pleasant trip, too.

If you're a baseball fan and the M's are in town, the Safe is a great place to go and spend a few hours (can't guarantee good baseball, though--sometimes yes and sometimes no), and their insiders tour is good, too.

Depending on the kinds of things that you like, I could probably make more recommendations.

The Underground Tour in Pioneer Square is very worthwhile (so long as you aren't claustrophobic being under the streets of the city, and don't mind a bit of a walk). The National Park Service's Klondike Gold Rush Museum (also in Pioneer Square) is also interesting, particularly if you are planning to visit the other half of it while you are in Skagway.

Taking a half hour ferry ride over to Bainbridge Island and walking around/visiting the galleries and such over there is a pleasant trip, too.

If you're a baseball fan and the M's are in town, the Safe is a great place to go and spend a few hours (can't guarantee good baseball, though--sometimes yes and sometimes no), and their insiders tour is good, too.

Depending on the kinds of things that you like, I could probably make more recommendations.

The Underground Tour and the Insider tour of Safeco sound interesting. Guess I'll do some research on both then consult the DW.

Another question. Is it at all possible to make it from Pier 66 (hopefully we can get off the ship fast. HA) and get to Sea-Tac in time for a 12:40 pm flight. I know there are 2 other ships coming in at the same time at terminal 30. I'm guessing the airport will be crazy.:eek:

Again thanks for your help.

The Underground Tour and the Insider tour of Safeco sound interesting. Guess I'll do some research on both then consult the DW.

Another question. Is it at all possible to make it from Pier 66 (hopefully we can get off the ship fast. HA) and get to Sea-Tac in time for a 12:40 pm flight. I know there are 2 other ships coming in at the same time at terminal 30. I'm guessing the airport will be crazy.:eek:

Again thanks for your help.

Next flight out after the 12:40 pm flight is an 11:45 pm flight(jetblue). I would hate to have to sit around the airport for so long. I guess another option would be leave the following day.

Opinions please.:confused:

12:40 is pushing it, what with the construction and TSA delays. Cruise lines recommend nothing earlier than 1:30 pm for safety's sake. If there is nothing til 11:00 pm, you might be a lot happier just staying til the following morning. I certainly wouldn't want to sit at Sea-Tac for 8-10 hours and, unfortunately, once you're in, you're in for good. At least if you stay, you can do a bit of sightseeing, have a good night's sleep, and start the next morning refreshed.

(Note, not only are there the ships at Terminal 30, but the one(s) at Pier 66 as well. Cruise days are crazy here.)

Thanks for the reply SeattleCruiselover. I guess a pre & post cruise layover is the way to go, not to mention the airfare being $110 cheaper for flying out of Seattle on Monday instead of Sunday.

As we like to say in the big apple....TANKS ALOT :D

You're more than welcome. We look forward to your visit (as long as you do not bring A-Rod and his "friends" with you when you come......:D

No problem with that. I'm not a SKANKEE fan.

My wife and I were in Seattle for about 4hours last October. My brother-in-law & sister-in-law live in Sequim. So we got a quick tour, space needle & pike market, before we had to catch the ferry.

Decided to do a pre & post cruise stay. Post hotel will probably be near the airport. Looking at the Doubletree guest suites airport/southcenter.

Thanks again.

LETS GO METS :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. We stayed at the Sheraton Seattle downtown last summer and were very happy with the accomodations. The bed was the most comfortable of all the beds of our vacation, which included two cruise ships and two hotels.

We chose the Sheraton because it is 100% smokefree, and will return to the Sheraton Seattle the next time we cruise from or visit Seattle. There is a Cheese Factory just down the street and the fish and chips there were delicious. The location is very central and the airport bus stops at the hotel. Very convenient.

Hi. We stayed at the Sheraton Seattle downtown last summer and were very happy with the accomodations. The bed was the most comfortable of all the beds of our vacation, which included two cruise ships and two hotels.

We chose the Sheraton because it is 100% smokefree, and will return to the Sheraton Seattle the next time we cruise from or visit Seattle. There is a Cheese Factory just down the street and the fish and chips there were delicious. The location is very central and the airport bus stops at the hotel. Very convenient.

Thanks for the info. :D

Good thing My DW & I are doing a pre & post cruise stay in Seattle. Jetblue decided to rearrange their flights out of JFK.

We were suppose to leave JFK at 8:50 am . We are now leaving at 12:10 pm, getting into Seattle at 3:08 (would have missed the ship if we flew in the day of the cruise)

They also changed our departure flight from Sea-Tac from 12:45 pm to 9 am

As I stated above, good thing we are doing a pre & post cruise stay.

Gotta love the airlines :mad:

Archived