One thing that really gets me...I need to vent...

macusa19

[quote name='macusa19']After reading several posts during hurricane season...

There have been a few people who have been upset that they didn't receive (or received a SMALL amount) of compensation for the itenaries being changed, missed, or extended due to the weather. Why-if they intentionally booked a cruise during hurricane season-would one get upset by this?

I don't really need replies or knock-downs, [i][b]as I am not trying to offend anyone[/b][/i], it's just something that was bothering me and had to share.:confused:[/QUOTE]

Good question.

As mentioned above we go into our hurricane season booking with eyes wide open knowing that the discounted rates we paid are not without risk. Surely this tragic hurricane system is unfortunate but it sure won't keep us from booking during this time in the future. I think we might think a little harder about the decision on exactly when though, maybe booking later in the season again as we did for this years Star Princess cruise in October and Valor Vampires late on October next year, still within hurricane season but more toward the end.

There IS a part of me though that, as empathetic as I am for those who have suffered through these storms at sea or on land, needs to take care of business. I'd never ask for something for nothing and people that do that really turn me off. But if there is business to be attended to relating to a cruise that did not go as planned I think it's appropriate check it out.

Maybe, probably, no more than that and probably just for a learning experience but if they're throwing out discounts or goodies I won't turn them down...quietly.

Boy, what a crybaby! Haven't you learned yet that it is ALWAYS the journey, not the destination. Next time, read the darned contract! Stop trying to get over on the company. You are just looking for something for nothing. The cruise line has no control over the weather but does have control over the itinerary - and they lay that out very clearly in the CONTRACT and terms and conditions. If you had a lousy shore excursion or a chandelier fell your head or your stateroom flooded, you would have a case. Get over it. Perhaps you are not meant to cruise. Perhaps you should just stay home and watch The Simpsons!

Archived