Booking A Cruise In May

zillabe

What are you thoughts on sailing in May. I know hurricane season runs June-November. Is it a risk to go in May?

I went last May (week of the 13th) on the Pride (out of LA) and it was great!!!

We went to all three ports and I didn't see many children on the ship (although I like kids to be around---good kids that is, lol).

I would say that May is a good bet.

That's the only time of year we will cruise! May is fantastic. Not all the schools are out (there are kids on board, but you are not overrun with them), the weather is not too hot or too cold...we travel the last week in May, it's cheaper than the following week :D

I have booked our family vacation on the Holiday for May 19 2008

We have 3 kids(DS18, DS15 & DD13) Our last day of school is May 22 so yes they will not be going the last 3 days(I was worried about exams but as of right now the teachers are working with me on this)

So..for the ones that have cruised in May.. Was there enough teens/kids to keep mine from being bored? My kids are pretty social but they do hang out with us at times...

What are you thoughts on sailing in May. I know hurricane season runs June-November. Is it a risk to go in May?

Hurricane you should be fine.

I have booked our family vacation on the Holiday for May 19 2008

We have 3 kids(DS18, DS15 & DD13) Our last day of school is May 22 so yes they will not be going the last 3 days(I was worried about exams but as of right now the teachers are working with me on this)

So..for the ones that have cruised in May.. Was there enough teens/kids to keep mine from being bored? My kids are pretty social but they do hang out with us at times...

Keep in mind, many schools do let out mid May. So, Im sure your kids will have plenty other children to keep them company.

Hurricane you should be fine.

Keep in mind, many schools do let out mid May. So, Im sure your kids will have plenty other children to keep them company.

Thanks beccadoby! The rates for May were so much better than June and July..it was hard to pass up:D

This is our first cruise and I have become obessive about finding out all the info I can dig up:rolleyes: I start to drive myself insane at points:p

Archived