Can you buy liquor on board?

I was just on the Monarch and requested room service if we could buy liquor for our room. They said Royal no longer offers this service. I know they used to. You can buy in the shops on board, but they don't let you have it til the night before you leave. No one stopped us from bringing it back on board in our shopping bags, (not hidden). Also, you can bring mixer on board freely at any time. So I dont see why there is such a big fuss over the liquor issue. People are going to bring it on if they don't provide it.

Sorry, but you can't buy bottles of liquor to mix your own. A few years ago, the first night we could go to the liquor store, buy a bottle of liquor at the low price plus a few dollars and take it to the cabin.

Too many people abused the privilege so now, no alcohol to be bought on the ship for the cabin. I know there are others who will say the reason is that RCI wants you to pay for your drinks. I know that is true also.

There were the people who walked all over the ship with their own home-made drinks. There were those who went overboard. There were those who drank themselves into oblivion. So, now, according to RCI, to protect the passengers no alcohol can be brought on or sold on the ship without the ship's holding it until the last night.

The only difference is wine. You can pre-order it or buy a package as an example and what you don't drink at dinner, you can take to your cabin.

I know that doesn't help you with the vodka and juice thing. Sometimes, more than not, we all pay for the idiocy of others.

If you go to the RCI website, you will see that alcohol can't be brought on. It's also in your cruise docs. Enjoy your cruise, even without your own alcohol.

Archived