When do the stores open in downtown and what about AI?

F5Loar

Our ship gets into Progreso at 7AM. I guess we can assume to off by 8AM.

Is it a 15 min. shuttle ride to downtown? When do the stores open in downtown? And can you catch a single taxi to Reef Yucatan AI Resort and then pay for the day there? Or do you have to catch a tour company bus from downtown and pay them to take you and pay the $30 fee? Does that $30 adult fee include the shuttle bus both ways?

Most of the stores and the handcrafts market will open about 9 am. You can take a taxi to the Reef Yucatan resort independently, but the taxi will cost about $80US round trip and then you have the resort costs on top of that. It's easiest to go to the dock and just book with a tour company there, such as AutoProgreso. It will cost less than the ship rates or paying for your own transportation.

• 2 weeks later...

I was told by Susana at the resort that we could BOOK this excursion through the taxi drivers??:confused: Are you saying that they would charge us $80 US round trip taxi PLUS $30 AI for the resort? This might not be too bad since there are 5 of us, if the taxi will come back for us around 3:00 as opposed to 1:30 like the buses?? Thanks for any further info!:D

I have emailed the resort and will plan to follow your suggestion about renting a van and driver as we now have 7 in our group. Do you know if the van will hold 7 people? Again...thank you so much for your help! Our goal is to spend the bulk of our day at the resort, and not just 3 hours!!!:D

We have 8 people, one of which has a "scooter" that folds up, so that will be PERFECTO!! I never heard back from the resort today, though, which kind of concerns me since we only have a few days before we leave on the cruise. Is it possible to call them on the phone???:confused:

Hey, I noticed you are cruising on Grandeur of the Seas on a few days. We are cruising on the same ship in March. :) I'd love to hear what you do at port and what you think if the ship. We are taking our kids 9 and 6 and considering on of the cenote excursions in Progreso.

Archived