Is there a place I can see Military Rates

Sass4

Princess military policy is very odd in the way it is handled.

If you call Princess via their free 800 number they cannot quote you a military rate. But they will gladly give you the telephone numbers of several TA's that do sell cruises at a Princess military rate.

Now when you call one of the TA's that they have given you that TA has to put you on hold while the TA calls Princess to obtain Princess' military rate.

Now that is plain odd in my view. If the TA has to call Princess for the military rate why can't Princess just tell you the military rate when you call them instead of having you call a TA which has to than call them.

Sorry I just cannot understand their logic on this one.

As mariemorgan mentioned they do have friends and family specials (F&F) where they may allow 3 or even 4 cabins at the military rate (as long as the military member is sailing). They just had one in November. Of course this is with all things considered - sich as it's available for that sailing and enough cabins are blocked out.

Once you book the cabins keep your eyes open for the special. Our group had 3 cabins book - only mine was military discounted - once November 1st hit I called and they adjusted the price on the other 2. Ended up getting my friend a 4A chaper then the 1A she was in.

Keep checking - these boards are a great resource. They tend to run it around Veterans and Memorial Day months (November and May) but it is not exclusive to that time.

Good luck.

Or is there a general % off?

No general percent off. And not all cruises are military discounted. You can see some of the military discounted cruises online. But, right now Carnvial has TONS of cruises that are under military rate. I have like 16 pages (small print) printed off - so way to many to list. (I keep a close eye on them because we are military and we live in a military town.)

Your best bet is to think of a way to narrow it down (by cruise month or ship) then call Carnvial or your TA and ask.

Hope I'm not going to hell for this, but if you're NOT in the military but your dad was, could he book multiple rooms at that rate, or would everyone booked have to show military ID?

As people have stated only if its during the friends and family promotion. But anytime you are traveling in the same cabin as him, you will get the discount.

Archived