Legend vs. Glory?

BRC6C

We're (as usual) planning later than most of you all do, but are planning a March cruise. We are narrowing in on a choice between the Glory (Western route) and Legend (also Western). I would love to hear any advice.

We are a family of 3, two adults and a 5-year-old son. We have been on a number of cruises. Particular interest are the kids club and poker.

Thoughts and advice appreciated.

I have sailed the Glory once, and we will sail her again in March. I have sailed on two other "spirit" class ships, the Spirit and the Miracle. I am also sailing the Legend in April. I personally prefer the spirit class ships because they are smaller, and I also like the layout of the ship. With that said, we are sailing the Glory for the second year in a row! We loved her too, and when we booked, we booked because we loved the itinerary. However, after hurricane Dean wiped out Costa Maya, we now have a sea day instead of a replacement port. That is fine with us; we are flexible and easy to please! The Legend offers four ports, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize and Roatan. Not sure if they offer the same for the March sailings, but that is our itinerary for April. The Glory is a Saturday/Saturday, the Legend is Sunday/Sunday. That also had an impact on our planning because we have a 13 hour drive back to Virginia and my son has school the following Monday. Hope some of this information helps!

We have been on the Glory once and the Legend twice. Our preference also is the spirit class ships for a couple of reasons. The first is the Legend seemed less crowded than the Glory. The Glory around the pool has that wedding cake affect in that they tier the deck upward to get more people in. The layout can be a little confusing but that is not a big deal. The second thing we really liked on the Legend was the supper club. It is very impressive and the food was great.

Archived