Zip Line In Labadee - How Is It?

We were on the Liberty of the Seas last week and did the zipline in Labadee. It was GREAT!!! At first I was really nervous, but there is a "trial run" before you go to the big one. It lets you experience what it's going to feel like when you're up there, and how stopping is going to feel. By the time we got to the real thing, I was ready to go and really excited, no longer nervous.

My 13 yo also thought it was wonderful! I highly recommend it!

We just returned from a western swing with Freedom. We did the zip line. All in all it was fun (the practice line, the drive up the slope and the full line) and provided a great view of Labadee. I'm not sure that I would say that it was worth the $$ but we're glad we experienced the excursion.

As for staying on the ship, we've been to Labadee four times now and it keeps getting better and as a result we love it. It is one of our favorite stops.

Happy cruising

Righty I am watching some videos of this on you tube, and I have questions.

Is it as high as it looks, and how the hell do you stop at the other end?!?!?

It is pretty high, but I don't recall the actual height. At the end of the rider there is a block on the cable. When you hit the block there is a sudden impact that sends your rear end forward and your head back. Then there is a more gradual slow down until you arrive at the platform.

Mike

Headed next week on LOS and wanted some feedback on the zip line in Labadee, is it worth the money? Should we stay on the ship and just hang out at the pool, thanks for the input.

Mark

WHY would you stay on the ship?? :eek: Labadee is beautiful and relaxing. I love stopping here

Yes, it is as high as it looks. But the beauty of it all has a moderating influence on any fear of heights you may have. Is that BS or what?. Well maybe just a little.

I have a fear of heights and can still vividly remember my first ferris wheel ride when I was around 5. My older cousin kept rocking the seat at the top which scared me half to death. But I've always had a fascination with doing things I'm afraid of. So in Aug our whole family signed up for it. I wanted to back out so many times but I wasn't about to be the only "sissy" in the family and have my kids reminding me of it every day for the rest of my life.

Anyway the practice run definitely builds your confidence in the equipment. Didn't even think I was going to be able to do that. Then you go up to the top where it is indeed one of the most beautiful views you can imagine. It's currently my screensaver.

The wait is the worse part as others are going first. As I've always told my DD, if you're afraid of something be the first in line and get it over with. Well, I was one of the last. I could almost feel my knees knocking and I swear if we had waited another 5 minutes I might have chickened out.

But once you're off that platform you get so caught up in the experience and it becomes all FUN. It was a blast and I highly recommend it. There is no sudden drop or a roller coaster type experience so those used to thrill rides may not be impressed. When you get to the bottom, brakes in the line slow you to a stop. There is a bit of a jolt and as I learned on the practice run, you need to keep your shoulders against the harness straps. Otherwise you get thrown forward into them and it hurts.

I don't know how well you researched it but there's a ton of info on CC about it. I don't have the links handy right now but perhaps someone else can direct you.

Give it a shot, you won't regret it.

BTW, the weight limit is 250lbs but this can change due to weather conditions down to as low as 200. The min height is 60", min weight 75lbs. Cost last I read was $80.

Jimmers:)

Righty I am watching some videos of this on you tube, and I have questions.

Is it as high as it looks, and how the hell do you stop at the other end?!?!?

The actual starting height is supposed to be about 500 feet, with a spectacular view of the entire complex. The stopping is accomplished by a series of springs that compress at the bottom. It is quite a rush and I'm glad I did it, but once was enough. Anyone that has neck/back or spine problems should avoid it as the jolt at the bottom is quite jarring.

To the OP... definately get off the ship. RCI continues to make improvements and add activities to Labadee.

Archived