Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport

ladyhoneybee

I hope this is the right place to post this question....

We are arriving via Amtrak into Seattle late night and have booked 2 rooms at the Clarion Hotel Seattle Airport. Our flights are the next morning so we will only be resting our weary heads at then be heading home.

I haven't been able to find any comments on this hotel on CC. I have checked tripadvisor and the reviews weren't very good. I know it's not a fancy-schmancy hotel and it's likely nothing special, but I at least want it to be clean and comfortable.

Has anyone stayed here?

Thank you for any input!

I have stayed there. It is an older hotel, nothing special at all. IMO it is overpriced for what you get.

I assume youwill be taking a taxi from Seattle to the airport area. As long as you are doing that, I would recommend trying the Comfort Inn and Suites in Tukwila. It is a very nice property, much nicer than the Clarion and about the same price (or even less). It is a little further from the airport but they have a free shuttle so that should not matter.

I have been to almost every hotel near the airport and this is my choice for price/comfort/value.

Jim

Thank you! I will look into the Comfort Suites. It is just for the one night and we are taking a cab from the train station. So long that the hotel of choice has an airport shuttle, that's all that matters to me. Well, asides from a clean & comfortable night's sleep!

We live about 35 miles from the airport, so when we take an early flight we stay at the airport the night before so we don't have such a long day.( or get up at 3AM!!!!) Last december we stayed 1 night at the Clarion, I think I got it last minute for $65. As the previous poster said it is older, and since I grew up about 1 mile from Sea-Tac I can tell you with certainaty ther really isn't anything to walk to. But we had a meal there and a drink in the bar and it was fine. They had free access to computers in thier business area so you can check in for yuour flight, and since it is right across the street from the airport the shuttle had us there in about 5 minutes. If I got it for a good price I would stay there again.

Just a comment, we did the same thing last April and got the Holiday inn on Priceline for $40. It was a little nicer and had a nice bar and restaurant. Don't bid on anything less than a 3 star.

Good Luck

Archived