? re: the "bigger ships=longer lines" theory...

MamaParrotHead

I've been reading a similar comment from a lot of people regarding the differences in the classes of ships. The theory seems to be "bigger ships=more people=longer lines".

Having been only on Destiny and Conquest classes, I just haven't seen that, personally. Usually this is said in comparison of the Spirit class versus the Conquest class (and when I've been on the ship, I have rarely felt that there were as many pax onboard as there actually were).

So, for people who have been on both, is it true? Because just by looking at the floor plans, it seems to me, the bigger the ship, the bigger the dining rooms, the bigger the public spaces.

Just curious. :)

ETA: I HATE that the edit feature doesn't let you edit the title. Sorry for the spelling error.

Our first cruise was on the Fantasy, and I couldn't believe there were 2000 people on the ship, until debarkation that is. When we were on the Glory this past summer, I felt crowded everywhere I went. Especially at night when people were trying to get their picture made on the promenade. I thought it might have just been me, but I found the same thing on the Sensation a few weeks ago. Given the choice, I would choose a smaller ship.

I think comments about lines are usually at the most popular events.

If there is one midnight buffet that almost everyone wants to attend there will be a longer line. At the buffet for the most popular time for breakfast or lunch on a sea day, you would see the longest lines. Tendering could have a long line if everyone picks the same time. The large ships add extra lines but sometimes it still backs up.

But it will still vary if everyone doesn't want to go to the exact thing at the same time.

I've sailed Fantasy-class twice and Glory twice and never really noticed a difference onboard. However, on our first Glory sailing we stopped at the naval pier in Key West where EVERYONE must ride the tram off the base. Obviously, in a sitiuation like that, the more passengers onboard, the longer the lines and the tram capacity doesn't change. We just stayed onboard till there was no line, walked straight off onto a tram, and enjoyed ourselves.

Archived