Spirit on Feb 3rd

aeggp

We are cruising the Spirit on Feb 3rd, Myself, DH, DD9, DD7. Any suggestions?

What time do you think we should arrive since it is a big Mardi Gras Parade day and Superbowl Sunday?:confused:

Has anyone brought on Bottle water?

Other than late arrival in Rotan, is there any other noticable changes due to the engine difficulity?:(

Also, we need good suggestions for excursions that would be appropriate with our young daughters.

Any and all suggetions would be appreciated.

Superbowl sunday will not impact you, an might even help. Assume you are driving - might be worth a double check of routes, but if you are taking the interstate, you get dumped off pretty much at the port. Should be no problem with parades unless you want to see downtown, which I would normally suggest.

The water thing gets hashed out here quite often. You can take it, but as most people point out, the water on the ship may well be better than bottled water anyways. Some people do take a few for shore days.

I strongly second the suggestion you get there early. You don't want to get caught up in the mess that happens when they start closing the streets to traffic around the parade route. N.O. can be sort of a challenge to get around with the way the streets are layed out, especially as you get closer to the river. I'm from there and I still find myself experiencing the occasional "where the heck am I?" moment!

THANKS FOR THE WONDERFUL INFO., I AM FROM NEW ORLEANS AND LIVE ABOUT 35 MINUTES NORTH OF THE CITY.:p

I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT TIME PREVIOUS MARDI GRAS CRUISERS HAD TO GET TO THE SHIP WITHOUT TRAFFIC DIFFICULITIES.

WE'RE JUST GOING TO PLAN ON AN EARLY START, THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING GREAT TO DO, SEE OR EAT :D IN THE CITY.

Archived