new york for the 3 queens last sunday

rog747

cunard departures from manhattan or brooklyn?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. cunard departures from manhattan or brooklyn?

• prefer manahattan
    • prefer brooklyn

hi there

back in london now after a great weekend in NYC seeing the arrivals and departures of the 3 ships.

will put some piccies on later,

met a great lad at battery park on sunday at 6am hes a poster on here

QUEENSFAN

he was great company and we spent most of the day together and saw the 2 ships at the PST piers 88/92? and walked brooklyn bridge on a sunny sunday. he took the cruise on the zephyr and i took the classic harbor lines yacht manhattan to sail out and watch the evenings events and bumped into 4 friends from the UK which was great too!

i flew out sat on virgin travelled in the new premium economy which was excellent and frankly miles better than upper class which i flew home on, upper class is too narrow for me as a seat the food lousy and for a shorter flight (5h 35m) the premium seat is perfect!

upper class lounge is good at LHR and JFK and the upper class seat is great as a bed but i hate it as a day seat and also as its slanted from the cabin walls u cant look out of the windows. u look at peoples dirty feet yuk!

stayed at a new hotel in NYC the desmond tutu center 10th ave/w20th st nr the piers at pier 60. an old brownstone college in chelsea with great new rooms very comfy and 120usd per nt incl an excellent breakfast, the entrance isnt finished yet but once you are in the hotel is great if u wanna be in the quiet chelsea/village area, hotel has no bar/lounge.it does have free wifi yippee, hiltons take note u thieving s*ds!!!

went to ellis island which was amazing and stayed much of the day to explore the history, highly recommended.

no time for shopping grrrrr!

had dinner sat nt at il cantinori (sex in the city) and was brilliant!

so thanks to greg (queensfan) and a lovely lady writer i met too at battery park called Theresa who had a cunard press pass (lucky her) for the ships on sunday... she was nice lady.

rog :)

Archived