Celebrity Millenium-sping break, and kids 5 and 7

VacaRequester

Hello,

First time caller . . .

We have never cruised before, and i have been researching heavily the last couple days. I realize that this is pretty late to plan a March08 trip but that's how I roll. We will be Mom and Dad, two boys 5 and 7. Tentative plan is the Celebrity Millenium, 7 day through San Juan, St. Thomas, Domin Rep. and Haiti. I have several questions:

-Is this a decent pick as far as ship, cruise line, etc.?

I would like to avoid a rowdy spring break crowd. None would be great. I thought the ports and length and maybe cruise line would minimize that. My goals are good food, nice service, adventure for the boys (and us), and hopefully some nice time with the wife (using kid tending services, clubs etc). We are sophisticated and like a great time but not at the expense of the kids.

-Can you drop off kids for extended periods of time? Is the in cabin babysitting good?

-Are the Celebrity cruise kids clubs good?

-Are there any others we should be considering? (price is definitely an object) Disney is not for us, something clean and sophisticated but not anti-kid. Seems like I've seen a lot of children negativity on these boards.

All help is appreciated!

J

Hi J,

My family and I have cruised Celebrity on a number of occasions. In Jan. '09, we are on Summit doing the So. Carib. The age swing will be 4 thru 62 and about 25 of us. Celebrity has, what I feel, a very good childrens program which is quite educational. My grandchildren love it and my daughters are very pleased with it. The babysitting service is excellent. What else can I say. You'll love Millie, we were on her last March. Have a great cruise.

Barry

Hello,

First time caller . . .

We have never cruised before, and i have been researching heavily the last couple days. I realize that this is pretty late to plan a March08 trip but that's how I roll. We will be Mom and Dad, two boys 5 and 7. Tentative plan is the Celebrity Millenium, 7 day through San Juan, St. Thomas, Domin Rep. and Haiti. I have several questions:

-Is this a decent pick as far as ship, cruise line, etc.?

I would like to avoid a rowdy spring break crowd. None would be great. I thought the ports and length and maybe cruise line would minimize that. My goals are good food, nice service, adventure for the boys (and us), and hopefully some nice time with the wife (using kid tending services, clubs etc). We are sophisticated and like a great time but not at the expense of the kids.

-Can you drop off kids for extended periods of time? Is the in cabin babysitting good?

-Are the Celebrity cruise kids clubs good?

-Are there any others we should be considering? (price is definitely an object) Disney is not for us, something clean and sophisticated but not anti-kid. Seems like I've seen a lot of children negativity on these boards.

All help is appreciated!

J

You have chosen an awesome cruise line for your first cruise !!!

There will be lots of kids for your children to play with, but Celebrity will handle the volume of kids very well.

Celebrity has a top notch children's program !! Very professional.

When we went on our first cruise (Celebrity ! )... my children cried when they had to leave the ship. It was a sad moment. They were 6 & 9.

You probably will not need in cabin babysitting.

Your children can be in the children's club.... in the morning, in the afternoon, and in the evening.

After a certain time at night..... (10:00 or 11:00).... they will still keep your children for you, but there is a fee per hour.

Repeat: You made an excellent choice ! :D

Archived