Anyone here remember the famous Celebration review by a guy named Adam?

LoraJ

The milk thread reminded me of it.

In the early to mid-90's, he used to post his review over and over again on the usenet cruise group and also cruise critic when it was just on AOL.

He threw temper tantrums around ship because he couldn't get milk to drink anywhere. Same with ice tea.

And how his new bride went to take a nap as soon as they boarded the ship because she had a horrible headache, but was then rocked out of bed because that Kathy Lee song was blasting in the cabin as the ship sailed.

I wonder if it is Adam that we have to thank for the many ice tea stations on the ships these days. As well as how easy it is to obtain milk.

I tried to google search for the review, but came up empty handed. It's a classic.

:cool: :cool: I have heard people complain and give bad reviews but this takes the cake. I was only going to read a little but had to read to the end. I can't believe this guy is for real. I think the migraine his wife had was not from the flight. I could not imagine being on vacation with someone like him. You say he still posts. Does that mean he still cruises Carnival?:cool: :cool:

:cool: :cool: I have heard people complain and give bad reviews but this takes the cake. I was only going to read a little but had to read to the end. I can't believe this guy is for real. I think the migraine his wife had was not from the flight. I could not imagine being on vacation with someone like him. You say he still posts. Does that mean he still cruises Carnival?:cool: :cool:

Well that link was posted in 2002, but after further research, seems as though someone posed as him and posted it for haha's.

He must have finally given up. But I do think about him every time I go on a cruise and pass an ice tea station. lol.

Well that link was posted in 2002, but after further research, seems as though someone posed as him and posted it for haha's.

He must have finally given up. But I do think about him every time I go on a cruise and pass an ice tea station. lol.

:cool: :cool: I am cruising Feb 16th and already I'm thinking MILK. We were on the Destiny when it was a cruise to nowhere. Had the best cruise of my life but he reminded me of a couple who complained the whole time, they too were newly weds, soon to be exes by the sounds of it. Hey, I am not home shovelling 2 feet of snow - what's to complain about.:cool: :cool:

I did a google search on ole Adam and came up with this:

Arrests part of fair, but patrol prepared

Friday, August 3, 2007 3:28 AM

By Matt Tullis

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Doral Chenoweth IIIdispatch

State Highway Patrol Trooper Aaron McMillan subdues a suspect -- who was later freed -- at the fair. Five people were arrested on opening night.

Opening night at the Ohio State Fair has long been filled with the most mischievous crowd, the State Highway Patrol says, partly because of the $2 admission, which draws a lot of young people.

Wednesday was no different. Depending on who you talk to, though, the evening was either average when it comes to arrests or filled with violence that frightened families away.

Five people were arrested that day at the fair, according to the patrol, which is the main security force at the fairgrounds. One was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest; two with possessing marijuana; and two others with obstructing official business.

That's not bad considering that the paid gate was 50,646 people, said patrol Capt. Andrew Stritmatter. On other days, admission is $7 for children ages 5 to 12 and $8 for those 13 or older. "Compared to other years on opening night, I don't think there was near the unruliness," Stritmatter said.

Clintonville resident Adam Frix doesn't find that very comforting. Frix said he, his wife and their two children found themselves in the middle of one outbreak of unruliness.

They could hardly move through the Midway because it was choked with people, Frix said. "All of a sudden, it looks like this huge fight is breaking out in this huge mass of wall-to-wall people."

The family ran into a fun house. Frix said he peeked around a corner and saw a man with a gun in his hand holding another man down on the ground.

As quickly as it began, it was over, he said. But not before his children, an 8-year-old boy and 5-year-old girl, were frightened.

He said they walked all the way to Kiddieland, about a quarter mile away, before the children settled down. They thought about leaving but ultimately stayed until the fireworks at 10 p.m.

Stritmatter said the incident Frix described did involve several fistfights on the Midway shortly after 8 p.m. As troopers arrived, the fighters took off. The troopers caught one man and kicked him out of the fair. He was not arrested because there was no victim and the witnesses had scattered.

Stritmatter said he thinks the gun Frix saw was holstered and belonged to the plainclothes trooper who assisted in catching the man. Stritmatter said the gun was never drawn.

The fair has stepped up security over the past two years. Last year, for the first time, visitors had to walk through metal detectors to enter the fairgrounds. That has continued this year.

"I truly believe it is a public deterrent for people who think about bringing a weapon on the grounds," Stritmatter said. "Also, the other people feel more comfortable and much safer on the grounds knowing everybody passes through those."

Both uniformed and plainclothes troopers patrol the fairgrounds. The undercover troopers are able to spot many transgressions that the uniformed officers cannot, said Lt. Tony Bradshaw of the Highway Patrol.

"You see a uniformed officer and you straighten up until they pass," he said of those who are doing what they shouldn't be doing. "The plainclothes can see that stuff."

Archived