Motorized Scooters

shamda

I just got off the phone with my TA getting ready to book a cruise on the LOS. I had asked him about the availability of motorized scooters on the ship and he told me that they are not available through RCI. I called one place that rents them and would deliver one to the port on the day of sailing but they seemed pretty expensive. Has anyone run into this? If so, what did you do or what would you suggest?

I looked into renting a motorized scooter for my husband for a two week cruise last November. It was about $340 for the two weeks. The scooter was to be in our cabin when we got on the ship and we just had to leave it there at the end. As it turns out, we had to cancel the cruise because of his injury, but I thought that (although it's not a little bit of money) that it would have been well worth it if it meant that he would be able to take the trip.

I don't remember the name of the company. Celebrity's Captain's Club gave us the information. I would think that RCCL's special needs department could help you. Email them with the details at special_needs@rccl.com. (There's a _ between special and needs that doesn't show up.)

Good luck.

My brother has MS and brings his scooter with him. If you don't own one, but have the opportunity to rent................do it!!!!

It makes the cruise so much easier and the person in the chair is much less dependant on others for a push. Pushing a conventional wheelchair around on the ship is a P.I.T.A.

The motorized ones gives the user so much more freedom.

Thanks for all your replies. I called one place that would have the scooter delivered to the terminal but it was $275 for one week which I thought was expensive. I will check out the forum as suggested and send an email to RCI and see what they say. My TA was no help on this one. I kind of felt that he should of done the leg work for me to find out what my options were and how much RCI could help me.

Archived