Pacific Sun - Baggage Limits

Surf_Chick

Ok just wondering if there are any weight limits with taking luggage on the Pacific Sun as im wanting to check before i leave and so that I leave room/weight for soveneirs and other stuff that i buy while im away....

this is the info i found on the P&O site, but nothing about weight :confused:

Luggage

All luggage will be security screened by an x-ray machine at embarkation.

P&O Cruises carries all personal luggage provided each item conforms to the size limits of no more than 140cm x 60cm x 40cm and is stowed in your passenger cabin. Please remember to clearly write your cabin number, name, address and telephone number on the luggage tags provided in your ticket wallet and attach these to your baggage prior to arriving at the wharf.

You can find out your cabin number by logging onto Cruise Personaliser or, if you have booked on a special promotional fare, you will have your cabin number advised at the time of embarkation.

If you are flying to or from the ship on P&O Cruises’ nominated flights on the day of sailing, it is vital that every item of luggage has a P&O Cruises identification label on it to assist us in transporting your entire luggage to and from the ship. Airline luggage restrictions apply to those purchasing P&O Cruises’ airfare add-ons.

There are no weight restrictions for the ship :)

If you have to fly to get to the ship then it would be the standard weight restrictions (which is 20kg I believe).

If you're not flying - pack everything :D

WOO HOO thats the best new that i have heard hehe, now i know i cant pack everything that i want!! :p

back to packing again tonight and making sure that i have all the toiletries and things that i need :)

In the booklet that we got in the Blue folder I thought that I read that there was a weight limit of 32kg plus the dimentions mentioned above?

It also say that each item cannot weigh and measure more than that, does that mean that we can take more than one bag each?

Also I was wondering if there was any limit in relation to the weight dimentions of carry on luggage?

Only 23 sleeps to go!

I am envious of you Surf Chick - Can't wait till I get that close!

Hi Bubby.

I've never noticed a weight limit for the ship??

To be honest i've never seen any bags being weighed at check in. We've never had any issues with our luggage weights. Mind you I also have no idea what they do weigh when they're full :p

9 days to go - you must be SO excited :D

yes im crazily excited :D

everyone at work and home just wish i would go already cause i cant shut up about it hehehehehehe

so i told them that when i get back im not gonna be able to shut up about how good it was and show them my 100000s of pics from it :p

As someone else has already said, the weight limit of 32kg is for Workplace, Health and Safety reasons. You can take more than one case (each passenger is given two luggage tags). If you are flying the limit is 20kg for the checked luggage (this is weighed) plus 7kg for carry-on luggage. The carry-on luggage is not usually weighed, but size limits apply. Just put heavy things in the hand luggage and carry the bag as if it is as light as a feather!!:)

There are no weight restrictions for the ship :)

If you have to fly to get to the ship then it would be the standard weight restrictions (which is 20kg I believe).

If you're not flying - pack everything :D

When we flew up from Melbourne on Qantas the weight limit was 32Kg, plus carry on. They actually took all of ours after the cruise and it was well over that without any extra charge.

Don

In the booklet that we got in the Blue folder I thought that I read that there was a weight limit of 32kg plus the dimentions mentioned above?

It also say that each item cannot weigh and measure more than that, does that mean that we can take more than one bag each?

Also I was wondering if there was any limit in relation to the weight dimentions of carry on luggage?

Only 23 sleeps to go!

I am envious of you Surf Chick - Can't wait till I get that close!

I suppose if its over 32Kg it would be too hard for the luggage handlers to throw the luggage into various piles and damage it. When we were waiting to emabark for W735 they seemed to be having a competition to see who could throw it the furthest. Our bags had all the inside reinforcement shattered and the outside of one torn.

And we got it on video.

Don

I suppose if its over 32Kg it would be too hard for the luggage handlers to throw the luggage into various piles and damage it. When we were waiting to emabark for W735 they seemed to be having a competition to see who could throw it the furthest. Our bags had all the inside reinforcement shattered and the outside of one torn.

And we got it on video.

Don

I certainly hope you got new suitcases for that!

And we got it on video.

Don

Hi Don, same thing has happened to us. :( that is why I always take duct tape now.

I claimed on my insurance and got it back....the case was new, first time used.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi Don, same thing has happened to us. :( that is why I always take duct tape now.

I claimed on my insurance and got it back....the case was new, first time used.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi Lorraine,

We have claimed them on travel insurance. They then asked if we could get a quote for them to be repaired, never heard of anyone that could repair the plastic reinforcement. I think they have now agreed to replace them. What was even worse was that we had borrowed the cases from the wifes brother.

Not happy Jan...:mad:

Don

As someone else has already said, the weight limit of 32kg is for Workplace, Health and Safety reasons. You can take more than one case (each passenger is given two luggage tags). If you are flying the limit is 20kg for the checked luggage (this is weighed) plus 7kg for carry-on luggage. The carry-on luggage is not usually weighed, but size limits apply. Just put heavy things in the hand luggage and carry the bag as if it is as light as a feather!!:)

Does anyone know what the size limit is of the hand luggage is?

Hand luggage limits on Virgin Blue (domestic) are 48cm long, 34cm wide and 23cm high PLUS one garment (suit) bag and PLUS one handbag or laptop case. The total weight is not supposed to exceed 7kg, but it is hardly ever weighed. I think it is likely the other carriers are the same.:)

Hand luggage limits on Virgin Blue (domestic) are 48cm long, 34cm wide and 23cm high PLUS one garment (suit) bag and PLUS one handbag or laptop case. The total weight is not supposed to exceed 7kg, but it is hardly ever weighed. I think it is likely the other carriers are the same.:)

7kg???:eek: :eek: Are you sure??

Karen

Yes, I'm sure. I know from experience and (cheating) by checking on the website.

Of course, if you are not flying, the only limit is what you can carry.:)

But most airlines are aroud the 30kg mark why would one make it 7kg? That's what I fit in one load of washing:eek: . Not a lot of clothes for a 10 day (average) holiday? Not to mention toiletries etc plus suitbag plus laptop. The laptop would take up half of that

Karen

But most airlines are aroud the 30kg mark why would one make it 7kg? That's what I fit in one load of washing:eek: . Not a lot of clothes for a 10 day (average) holiday? Not to mention toiletries etc plus suitbag plus laptop. The laptop would take up half of that

Karen

The 7kg limit is for carry on (hand) luggage. In addition you can have a soft suitbag, laptop case, and a handbag. In my previous post I said 'PLUS'. The checked baggage on most domestic airlines is 20kg.:):)

The 7kg limit is for carry on (hand) luggage. In addition you can have a soft suitbag, laptop case, and a handbag. In my previous post I said 'PLUS'. The checked baggage on most domestic airlines is 20kg.:):)

Sorry Ela. The "total weight is not supposed to exceed 7kg" threw me.

Karen

Archived