Seaweed Wrap on Carnival Freedom?

I keep hearing all these fantastic things about some seaweed wrap, it's like a body wrap and a massage. Does anyone know what it entails exactly, what it's like, and how much it is?

Oh! And is it on the Carnival Freedom? I'm sailing there for my birthday next month.

Please let me know! Thanks. :)

(Also posted in Fitness section.)

I keep hearing all these fantastic things about some seaweed wrap, it's like a body wrap and a massage. Does anyone know what it entails exactly, what it's like, and how much it is?

Oh! And is it on the Carnival Freedom? I'm sailing there for my birthday next month.

Is it called the aroma ocean message?

Ummmm... Not sure. Maybe you feel like Sushi? :D

On the Holiday(I would assume all Carnival spas are pretty close in what they do and price) it is called Seaweed Body Wrap for $105. There is also a Seaweed Massage full body for $259. There is a Aroma Stone Massage for $195. There is Ionithermie for $159.

I had a wrap done - not a seaweed wrap - but another kind of wrap on Carnival. Basically she covered me in goop and then wrapped saran wrap around me, letting the stuff soak in. It was pleasant.

Read the article below to get the info on what a seaweed wrap is and why it's so popular:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Ever-Wondered-What--A-Seaweed-Wrap-Is-?&id=103383

I do not know if it's the aromatic ocean massage - I guess that'd be the one! Thank you :)

Yes, that's what it's called & it is wonderful. It is available on the Freedom. It's something I've treated myself to on my last 4 Carnival cruises. Can't remember the price exactly, but it is in the 200.00 range but worth every penny. They coat your body in this warm green gunky looking stuff & then you're wrapped in foil for about 30 minutes. After that, if you choose, for an additional 20.00 you can use the float bed which is just heavenly. The bed is filled with warm water & it covers you like a blanket & you lay there for around 20 minutes or so. After that is the massage. It's all extremely relaxing.

Archived