Helmet dive in bora bora

timeoflife

My finacee and I have reserved the helmet dive on bora bora and was wondering if anyone knew how far down they take you? We got some underwater camera's to bring with us and want to make sure that we got the right ones and that they will work. They say they are good only up to so many feet down. Thanks!

My wife, not a strong swimmer, did the helmet dive in Bora Bora when we were on Pacific Princess, Papeete to Sydney, Nov 03.

She says it was about 12 to 15 feet deep, and a great experience. Actually, at the time, she went on and on about it to the point I was sorry I had not ventured along. I don't recall what I did that day!

My DW and I did this excursion in September. It was the highlight of our cruise. The crew on the dive boat told us we would be 10 feet underwater. It is enough that you may have to pinch your nose and blow to equalize the pressure, but it is definitely not 25 to 30 feet, which most novices would not be able to handle. My DW is not very adventurous, but she did the dive and had a great time.

Archived