Policies for Children with Asthma Inhaler

megger89

Does anyone know the policy onboard (Princess) or most cruises for children participating in the youth program if they need an inhaler (can the child use it as needed or is there somthing special we need to arrange?)

Thanks

Since Carnival and Princess are under the same parent company, I am going to make the assumption that the rules I have for Camp Carnival regarding inhalers would be the same for Princess. In the Carnival rules, it says inhalers are permitted in the camp. I know the first night at registration, the counselors are very specific with their questions about medical problems/allergies.

CSensationRules.jpg

Does anyone know how Disney or RC run those programs in regards to this subject?

They are the same. I've been on both and they pretty much have the same type of medical rules. They won't be able to administer, but they can store.

And on smaller children, I have seen them write their medical issues on the back of their name tags.

Somehow I had gotten the impression that inhalers weren't permitted in the kids' area on Princess...at least on our cruise in December 2005. I thought I had asked or read on the material given to us. As it turns out, our girl didn't need to use her inhaler at all on the cruise. I did keep it with me at all times, even on excursions, just in case. But her asthma isn't as bad as long as her hay fever isn't acting up.

Archived