Anyone want to join me??

MiamiNicole

Hello, Hope everyone had a great Day!! Ours was really nice. Ann, you will have to let me know how the Jimmy Buffet book is!! I ate to much also, and DO NOT want to get on the scale tomorrow!! My monthly was due 3 days ago, and between that and overeating I am feeling awfully bloated!! I have decided I am getting serious starting tomorrow, I have been very lazy with the dieting, but my cruise is in June, so this is it!! I don't want to wait till the last month and then try and starve to death. I am going to write down every single bite that goes in my mouth. Well, have a great night. Connie

Here's to hoping everyone had a nice Christmas!

Connie,the journaling food and counting every single bite is very important to succeeding at this. This time, I have journaled every single day without fail. It has really helped. It can be real eye opener on those days when I've overeaten. I hate going in there and entering tons of food when I've been bad, but it has really helped me to face it. (I go on fitday.com)

Hi Everyone!

I'm HOME! I've missed you all...but I had a FABULOUS cruise! I'm really proud of myself! I'm at 127! We had a rule that we didn't take the elevator unless we were carrying luggage! We were on the 8th floor...and all the eating was on the 2nd and 3rd floor....so needless to say.....I got good exercise and a nice tan!

I've been reading and catching up! It looks like we are missing some people! :( That makes me sad! Those of you who are here!... You are doing GREAT!

Regina.....very wonderful pictures! If I can figure out how to post pics on here, I will do so!

I read the Jimmy Buffett Book on our cruise and laughed my head off! You will love it! It's thick....but WONDERFUL!

So where are we? So who is still here, and who is missing? I guess it's hard due to the holidays!

I hope everyone had wonderful celebrations!

I look forward to continuing my new healthy and toning up lifestyle with you gals!

Talk to you soon!

Welcome Back Kelly!! We missed you. Glad you had a great time, where all did you go? Way to go on staying at 127, did you go to the gym at all? It has been very quiet on the board, I hope its only because of the holidays!!

Ann, I know how important the journaling is, I was very lazy the last month or so, I did great yesterday, there are still so many temptations in the house, but I am very motivated!!
Well, I am off to do laundry. Have a great day. Connie

Welcome back Kelly! We missed you! Congratulations on making it through without gaining weight. The rule about the stairs is a very good one! I'll try that, but we are running a marathon the morning of the cruise (26.2 miles) and stairs may really be hard!

[url]http://www.mardigrasmarathon.com/[/url]

Well, I weighed in this morning and was disappointed to see +.8. I've stayed within my points range or made up all overages and have excersized every day. I mean, I obsessively count points and journal. So, I suppose it is just one of those hormonal weight popups and if I stick to plan, I may see a bigger drop than normal next week. It's just hard to do when you work so hard for a week and see a + on the scale and can't weigh in again for an entire week! Well, hopefully, I'll have better news next Tuesday.

Good Morning!!

Ann, don't let such a small gain get you down, I seem to gain about 3 every month, and it is discouraging, but always comes off if I stick with it. (The things us poor women have to deal with!!:cool: )
I am still staying strong, I have decided to just count calories, it seems easiest for me at this time. I have been eating about 1400 a day, but have read it is good to change it a bit, so I will try a few lower days and then a few 1500 days and mix it up a bit. I went to the gym yesterday, (hadn't been in almost a week) today the family wants to ski again:eek: (we have season passes) and my neighbors want the adults to do a night ski this week, I guess I will just stay by myself on the small hill (maybe I need a irish whiskey first for some courage:D )
Connie

April 2004: 159
Start of REAL diet on this board! (9-22-04): 149
Last Sunday: 127
Today: 127
Original Goal (by 12-16-04): 135
Goal After I Reach the Realistic Goal: 125

Ann: Don't be discouraged! I think a small gain is good incentive to get back on track to keep losing again! A marathon!!!! OH MY GOSH!! You deserve the elevator!!!

Connie: Night skiing is FUN! Also, your idea for changing your calorie intake is a good one! I tried that after my doctor told me that was a good way to "fool" my body and change my metabolism. The weight seemed to melt off after a couple of weeks of doing this. It does work!

Where are the rest of you all! Calling all lurkers!!!! I promised I wouldn't go anywhere after my cruise....and I won't! Get back here...and get back on track with all of us! We miss you!

Ann: We had a ball! We swam with the dolphins in the Bahamas! Fabulous! We took the Margaritaville tour in Key West and I sang on stage at "The Bull" in Key West! (I didn't know the 3rd floor of that bar was clothing optional at the time!)

It was so relaxing and fun! I did catch a little cold while I was snorkeling. It was a little chilly, so bundle up if you are going any time soon! Water is a little chilly!

Overall....fabulous trip...and the ship was BEAUTIFUL! I think I counted about 35 Christmas trees! Beautiful!

Kelly, I have always wanted to swim with the dolphins, I love them!! We are

going to Cozumel in June and I am going to then!!
Well, Ann you would be proud of me. I graduated to the next higher hill (the one I tried to skoot down the other day!!) it was really warm today so the snow was slushy and that made it slower, perfect for me but we stayed until night and I had a beer and then went back out, it started to ice up and was alot faster!! I did enjoy it more today, and I feel like I had a great work out.
Have a great nigth. / Connie

Kelly, sounds really fabulous!

Connie, nice job on the skiing! You'll be a pro before the end of this season, I am sure!

Connie, I was thinking about what you said about changing up the calorie counts from day to day and that's pretty much what I've been doing the last week or so because of the parties and stuff. Banking points, then using them I have had days where my calorie intake is low, one day as low as 1275 then othe days (Christmas Eve) as high at 2800. Sunday I was at 2000 but ran 17 miles so that was very low considering my calories burned that day were over 3300. But I was still making up for Friday. All week I'd banked points so my calories were 1500-1600 while I was burning 2400-2500. I think in my case, the highs and lows were not good for my progress. Considering the parties and whatnot, a gain of .8 is good. It would've been +5 if I hadn't been doing this. I think for this week, my body needs a more regular calorie intake so I am going to just use my daily point allowance and not do any banking for New Year's Eve/Day. On New Year's, use my daily allowance only, nothing extra. Yesterday, my calorie intake was 1831 with 2452 burned. Much more reasonable.

Okay, now that I've totall put everyone back to sleep, I'm really excited because I changed post cruise hotels in New Orleans and now we will be staying in the French Quarter. I think I am looking more forward to the visit to New Orleans than the cruise. People getting on the Conquest in NOLA often complain about the traffic at the pier and long waits to get on. Those are the people arriving at the pier at 10:00 am to get on the ship as early as possible. People that wait until later have to traffic hassles because by then the disembarking passengers are gone. What's the hurry when the port is New Orleans? Enjoy the city! There'll be plenty of time to check out the ship!

Well, have a great day everyone!

Isn't it strange how some days you feel like you can eat non stop and never get full and then other days your not even hungry??
I did good today, still writing down every bite I eat, it really does help.
Ann, New Orleans should be a blast!! I have never been there, but it is on my list of places I want to go to one of these days.
About the daily calories, I think if you fluctuate to much it is probably not good, I read somewhere you should fluctuate about 100-300 calories . Who knows!!
I still am wondering where everyone else it, hopefully they will come back after New Years!!
Connie

Good Morning,

Glad you didn't wake up starving today Ann!! Me either, although I am no usually hungry in the morning, I never used to eat breakfast, but this week I have made myself everyday (I am eating the oatmeal packets that are lower is sugar (I think they are new, only 120 calories!!) I hope what they say is try about eating breakfast and weight loss, in the past it has alway seemed to make me hungrier (like a tease:D ) well, so far so good this week.
Connie

Glad you are doing so well Connie!

All day, I haven't been as hungry as yesterday. Maybe I just got into too big of a calorie deficit. I took some jeans out of the dryer this morning that I wore just last week and they are way loose now! I'm looking thinner too, so that +.8 was likely just one of those things. We'll see next Tuesday.

Good Morning!!

Ann, that is great about the jeans being loose!! I hope mine get loose soon:D I have decided to start weighin myself on Fridays instead on Sunday. That is the day I always use to weigh myself and I like it better, so today I am 165 (on Sunday I was 167) so I had a good week, I know I will eat a little to much tonight (we are having some people over) but I won't gorge myself!! I have eaten less the last few days, and will get right back tomorrow.
Have A Happy and safe New Years!!
Connie

Glad to be back on the board. I was so bummed out after the cruise and the 15 pound weight gain in only 8 days, that I couldn't face the boards to post. All (weight-wise) is almost back to normal since 12/5. I've lost 14 of the 15 pounds that I gained. Taking care of my mother now full time, who has Alzheimers is another story. I figured that cooking her three meals a day would give me reason to eat more and gain weight, but I haven't. This week I also started back to Curves. The 30 minute workout does me a world of good.

Kelly, I'm glad to hear that you had a great cruise. Congrats on being strong and taking the stairs. Sounds like you had a blast!

Regina, where are you? You were one of my original inspirations to lose weight. Your messages are so powerful. Come back, come back wherever you are!

My new years resolution is to lose 17 more pounds to hit the 130 mark. I hope that the low carb/Curves combination will do the trick.

Happy New Years everyone!!!!

Ann in KC

Welcome back Ann!! Way to go losing the weight you gained. I hope things are going ok with your mom, that has to be really tough. So, your in KC, I am living in Leavenworth (actually on Fort Leavenworth), but moving in June to the DC area. Hopefully now that the holidays are over some more people will come back!! It is time for me to get really serious, my cruise is in June, it is also my 40th birthday and 20th anniversary, if that isn't incentive nothing will be for me!!

Runner Ann, thanks for the encouragement yesterday!!
Connie

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year!

The whirl wind of holiday activities is officially over. I ended the old year wonderfully and began the new year fabulously and hope everyone else did.

Here are my stats:
Beginning weight: 185
last weigh in:155
todays weight: 157

Although there is a 2 pound gain, it is strictly due to T.O.M and I am very happy about that. The tremendous amount of temptations over the holidays did not win out :)

I should be back to regular posting now that all the business of the holidays is over and I'm really glad for that cause I truly did miss keeping up with all the postings.

Will check back in tomorrow to see how everyone is doing.

Happy 2005 to all!!!!
Regina

Archived