Question on Mexico Cruise

jamaicanjana

I'm going on my 2nd cruise and this time we chose Mexico. These are our ports of call, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. I would appreciate so much any advice and must-do excursions at each port. I'll be traveling with 3 other women. Thanks in advance.

I agree! One thing, don't spend lots of money on snorkeling excursions. It has been my families experience that snorkeling in Mexico is not the best. We have been disappointed EVERY TIME we have gone snorkeling there with the exception of Cancun, Ixtapa and Cozumel. Those three places we have enjoyed snorkeling trips, especially in Cozumel. :) However, EVERY TIME we have tried elsewhere in Mexico to snorkel its been a bust!!:(

In PV last year we took a cab to Nikki Beach and for $25 per person we spent the whole day there. I kicked back on their padded platform beds under a big umbrella, listened to some great Euro-dance music, drink wine coolers, and ate some great food (all included in the $25). Nikki Beach is a restaurant that is part of a hotel, and you are allowed to use their pool. I went with my DH, DS (12 at the time), and we all had a blast. While I was kicking back relaxing the DH and DS rented ski jets and went parasailing. This was one of the things I enjoyed the most on my cruise last year. We all had a great time at Nikki Beach (they also provide you with beach towels). I would go back there in a heartbeat!

Ladies, I'm married but not burried so just a tip. The european guys that frequent Nikki Beach, wear very tiny swimsuits, and are beautiful to look at. The downside is so are the women!!! I'm 60 but did not feel the least bit uncomfortable among the beautiful people. The staff was friendly and very acommodating. The food and drinks were delicious and there is no hurrying you out. We literally stayed there from when the ship docked to when we had to go because it was leaving. It was great fun at Nikki Beach!!!!

I haven't been to Mazatlan so can't comment on that. Cabo has great places to shop, eat & drink. Depending on what time of year you are going the whale watching tours are fun.

Again, don't get suckered into taking a snorkeling trip, unless its free and you don't mind wasting your time!!! Last year our trip to Cabo was in April during spring break and the water was cold and rough!! When we went back for Christmas the water was nice and the surf while not excactly gentle was nice. But we still did'nt waste our time or money to try snorkeling there again. A fun thing we did was go on the Rhino excursion. You can book that online before you go. It was lots of fun. Kind of like ATVs except that its like a small jeep instead of a motorcycle-type atv. If your time permits go for the 3 p.m. tour. We saw a beautiful sunset on the beach!!!!

Have a great cruise or trip!!!

I'm going on my 2nd cruise and this time we chose Mexico. These are our ports of call, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. I would appreciate so much any advice and must-do excursions at each port. I'll be traveling with 3 other women. Thanks in advance.

You might want to ask this over on the Ports of Call - Mexico board to get more info.

About Mazzatlan... If you would like one day to be a quiet beach day with nice swimming and great food take the water taxi to Stone Island....

There is info on the ports of call board about how to find the water taxi and the cost. The cost is correct 1.50 for a round trip... No need for a taxi on either end if you are physical enough to go to a mall and shop...

Finding the water taxi is pretty easy but we had a problem with the directions... I can help after you review the boards if needed...

Archived