Nice Princess People

Shogun

Hi Folks,

While on the Emerald, I met a lad who had a tale of woe to tell, on his last day things had not gone well, poor service, and no help in sight, he was thinking of writing a nasty letter on his return,

On hearing of his problems, I made them to known to the correct person, within minutes the PSD had met him, taken details, organised a ship search, on returning to there cabin, they found there phone flashing with messages to say this is happening, this will be done,

also in there room a bottle of bubbly stuff, chocolate covered strawberries, then a free dinnner for 4 in the crown grill, with wine, a photographer, with free pics and an album to put them in.

So the moral of the story is if you have a real problem that can be fixed Princess while fix it but you have to do the leg work and ensure the right person gets to hear of your problems, do not tell your room steward that the bar service is poor, and expect him to fix it.

yours Shogun

Hi Folks,

While on the Emerald, I met a lad who had a tale of woe to tell, on his last day things had not gone well, poor service, and no help in sight, he was thinking of writing a nasty letter on his return,

On hearing of his problems, I made them to known to the correct person, within minutes the PSD had met him, taken details, organised a ship search, on returning to there cabin, they found there phone flashing with messages to say this is happening, this will be done,

also in there room a bottle of bubbly stuff, chocolate covered strawberries, then a free dinnner for 4 in the crown grill, with wine, a photographer, with free pics and an album to put them in.

So the moral of the story is if you have a real problem that can be fixed Princess while fix it but you have to do the leg work and ensure the right person gets to hear of your problems, do not tell your room steward that the bar service is poor, and expect him to fix it.

yours Shogun

Great story, and one of the reasons I cruise Princess. Nice to see if the right person is informed you can get real results.:)

Okay, so I think that I have figured . . . if I loose my luggage or complain I can get a fee meal at the Crown Grill ;) . I don't want to loose my luggage and I rarely complain, so any other ideas. :D (just kidding)

You are right about how important it is to handle complaints correctly.

Don't forget that you also need to have any issues you have addressed while you are on the ship. Not a whole lot anyone can do to correct the matter once you are home. I know that I heard Neil make that statement during our cruise. How true and Shogun, you are a great example of that.

Hi There,

You do not need to find the PSD he will find you, he is out and about every day, if you are around the front desk in the mornings you will see him chatting to folk, or may be getting a cup of coffee at the cafe deck 5.

yours Shogun

James is the current PSD. I am just off the ship and he does listen. It is important to be reasonable and not complain expecting something in return.

People think the have a sense of entitlement over the most ridiculous thing. "There is no sugar on the table, do I get a free meal in the Crown Grill now?"

There is the person who forgets to pick up utensils in the buffet line then gets all bothered having to ask for some.

I have seen it all in my year and a half on ships. I have also experienced things that upset me as well but I know how to bring things to their attention in order to get issues resolved. You don't have to be rude. Be patient, not everything is resolved in an instant. Somethings take some research.

Yes.

Thanks for confirming it is indeed James Deering. He is a great guy, we had quite a few interactions with him while on the Crown in October (2 CC meet & greet plus just seeing him around -- all the time).

If anyone wants to find him, go to the International Café -- he has lunch there EVERY day (he raves over it, and we saw him there more times than we can count). You'll see him all over the ship, but for a guaranteed spotting Int'l Café is the place. He is very friendly & will do whatever he can to answer questions or assist passengers.

Hi There,

I do not know much about James but he did say he had worked for all the big cruise lines, so may well be the same person, he had been at HAL as he advised that his old ship was moored next to use.

yours Shogun

• 1 month later...
Did James Deering used to be with NCL in 2002? I think that was the name of the person on our ship to Hawaii. We had meet and greet. He came and gave us free drinks.

Very nice gentleman, if its the same one.

Yes, James worked for NCL. He was with the changeover of the Norwegian Sky to Pride of Aloha in 2004. We were a group of 18 CCer's and he took such good care of us, I doubt we will ever forget. He moved to HollandAmerica after that until a few months ago when Princess snatched him up. If they are smart, they will hang on to him. I certainly hope I can cruise with him again!!

Archived