Back from the Pride

gumballz

Tina, we miss you too! :(

Kindkim, the formal nights were Monday and Friday.

ladycaveat, we loved David. So much so that we nicknamed him 'Big Mike'. Yes, we're all grown women.....I'll blame the strong drinks. lol By the way, I have a photo of him if you'd like it. ;)

For anyone interested, I've scanned and posted the Capers from our cruise. Here's the link:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562179852GMqPzI

Tina, we miss you too! :(

Kindkim, the formal nights were Monday and Friday.

ladycaveat, we loved David. So much so that we nicknamed him 'Big Mike'. Yes, we're all grown women.....I'll blame the strong drinks. lol By the way, I have a photo of him if you'd like it. ;)

For anyone interested, I've scanned and posted the Capers from our cruise. Here's the link:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/562179852GMqPzI

I have bunches of pictures of "Big Mike" . . . much to my thirty year old son's chagrin (it was his birthday gift to me to take me on that curise for my 60th birthday). By the way, my son's name is Mike! Tee hee!!!!

Monday (1st full sea day) and Friday (Cabo)

I was thinking they had two formals but was unsure.

I can not wait until my cruise on the Pride in November. You have been so helpful with all of my questions. I have asked you alot here and also on the port of call sites. :D

hair dryers?

Yes - in the desk drawer. Not very powerful, but does the job.

Yay - thanks! :) I've been looking at my edocs all evening so now all these questions are going through my mind.

Fire away with any questions... someone will answer. That is how we all learn. :)

Do you know how the early check -in is done at the Queen Mary?

We've done the early check-in twice and would highly recommend it. When you arrive at the garage, the porters take your checked luggage (keep your carry-ons with you), then walk across the plaza to the aft end of the QM where there is a dedicated room for Carnival check-in (there are Carnival employees around to direct you). After you've checked in and gotten your S&S cards, etc., you walk back across the plaza area to the front doors of the dome where the lines will be. The early check-in folks get a 'zone 1' tag and should wait in that line which is the one to the farthest left and has a little flag to show which line it is. The early check-in is from about 9:00 to about 11:00 and then the doors on the dome will open sometime after 11:00, maybe closer to 11:30 where you will go through security, have a picture taken, up the escalators and on to the ship. Check my pics of the Paradise which has quite a few pictures of the area around the QM and the dome.

Thank You Not sure what you mean by the garage?

There's a parking garage right there by the Queen Mary/Pride.......this is also where the taxi will drop you off, just inside the garage. The porters will be waiting by the taxi drop off. :)

There's a parking garage right there by the Queen Mary/Pride.......this is also where the taxi will drop you off, just inside the garage. The porters will be waiting by the taxi drop off. :)

Will that be the same place hotel shuttles will drop us off? We're staying at the Best Western but I'd like to take advantage of the early check-in at QM.

Will that be the same place hotel shuttles will drop us off? We're staying at the Best Western but I'd like to take advantage of the early check-in at QM.

Yes - all in the same area. Very easy.

i have a quick question, i hope it does'nt sound silly, but does the Pride have a basketball court?

It does.... a small one, but it is there.

I love this!! Everyone is so helpful! We've just settled on the Pride in July of this year, can't wait. A few questions:

Is it far from LAX to the pier? Is it a taxi ride or what? Cost?

Can we bring water on board without smuggling it?

Do anyone have the sizes of balcony cabins in feet?

Worth it to get extended balcony?

I appreciate all the help!

From what I have read, I believe the porters are in a garage area.

We will be staying at the QM prior to our cruise. From what I have read before, I think one person in your immediately party can walk your luggage to the garage and the other(s) can stay to do the early check in.

I love this!! Everyone is so helpful! We've just settled on the Pride in July of this year, can't wait. A few questions:

Is it far from LAX to the pier? Is it a taxi ride or what? Cost?

Can we bring water on board without smuggling it?

Do anyone have the sizes of balcony cabins in feet?

Worth it to get extended balcony?

I appreciate all the help!

I can't help you with all.... but I can help with two...

Yes - you can bring water without smuggling it. I took a case, wrapped the edges in duct tape so the bottles wouldn't fall out.... taped a luggage tag to it and checked it with the rest of my bags. Arrived that evening with no problems. Left the extras for the cabin steward.

Extended balcony - the standard balconies are quite narrow... I like to stretch out and found it worth it. However, I also upgraded our balcony on a day when I could upgrade from a 7A to an 8I for only $60 total... watch your prices daily and free upgrades will usually pop up.

There are no silly questions shae! :) I saw some people playing volleyball and ping pong as well. There's really a lot to do onboard!

When you disembark you'll want to head back over to the same garage area to catch a taxi/shuttle. We were lucky enough to find a very reliable (and funny!) man that we hired to take us to the port on Sunday in a Lexus SUV.....so we hired him to pick us up after our cruise as well and he met us in the same spot where he dropped us off. There were shuttles & taxis in that same area.

nu2cruz, good choice! You'll love the Pride! As for your question about distance & taxi fares, I believe it's about a 40 minute drive (give or take....traffic and/or construction can make a big difference) from LAX to the port. If you can fly into Long Beach that's only about 15-20 minutes from the port. I have a post, with photos, about Long Beach airport if you're interested. As for fares, here's a photo I took while riding in the taxi on our way to the Hyatt for our pre-cruise stay. While it may not be 100% accurate it'll give you a general idea on taxi costs:

longbeachtaxi.jpg

Archived