Drinking Water

Tigerman4LSU

We are cruising on the Jewel in November. How is the drinking water? We are thinking about getting a Brita Filter pitcher. Any thoughts?

George

"USC is the National Champs in College Football like Al Gore is President of
the United States. Both agreed to a system to determine the winner and
when they did not win, they tried to change the system." - Chancellor of LSU

I haven't personally experienced the water yet, but from what I've learned about the technology applied to produce it, a Brita is probably unnecessary. The water is desalinated on-board ship, and as such, is practically flat to start -- no minerals, no nothing to filter out. That, itself, is a problem, in terms of taste, so they add minerals into the water deliberately, to make it taste better. The main impact of the Brita then, I'd assume, would be to filter out the minerals that make the water taste better. The only exception to that would be perhaps any particles that the water acquires traveling through the plumbing. That seems to be a rather remote possibility, at least I'd hope, given that we're talking about the newest ship in the fleet.

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=darkorchid]The water is completely safe to drink, probably cleaner than what you have at home. That said, I don't like the taste and drink bottled water on the ship. But in a pinch, I'd drink it and I'd always feel safe doing so.[/color][/size][/font]

We always drink the ship water. We have a thermal jug that has a shoulder strap. We fill it with ice and water in the Windjammer every morning and we have ice cold water to drink all day long on excursions or relaxing by the pool. I hope this helps!

Archived