What to do with "stuff" while snorkeling?

jratly

I was wondering what most people do with their stuff (towels, cruise ship passes, sunglasses, etc) when snorkeling whether this is from the beach or out on an excursion. Very few places have lockers.

We have signed up for a tour in St Lucia and Barbados and both have stops along the way to snorkel. Is it safe to leave these items in their vans?

Usually the vans are locked or the driver stays with them. We have left stuff in the excursion vans many times with no problem. We've also left stuff on the beach with no problem. But never anything valuable. We always keep cash, credit cards, key cards, and ID in securely closed (zipper or Velcro) bathing suit pockets. Since women's bathing suits never have pockets, I wear board shorts that do.

I was wondering what most people do with their stuff (towels, cruise ship passes, sunglasses, etc) when snorkeling whether this is from the beach or out on an excursion. Very few places have lockers.

We have signed up for a tour in St Lucia and Barbados and both have stops along the way to snorkel. Is it safe to leave these items in their vans?

Hi,

Inexpensive items like towels, shorts, etc. we leave with the tour operator or on the beach. Items like money, credit cards or ship's cards we put in a waterproof "dry pak" bag that I tie off and either put around my neck with the neck strap or in my swimming suit pocket. There are hard side and soft side paks in many sizes and shapes and you can find them quite easily in sporting goods stores, dive shops and the internet.

Randall

Archived