Carnival Miracle's Wonderful Staff!

jedokids

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to let you know how great Carnival was to us on a recent cruise. We boarded the Carnival Miracle on Thursday and the ship was beautiful! On Friday we were at breakfast and heard an announcement for us to come to the front desk. We were told to go to the Purser's desk and they had someone lead me there. When we got to the Purser's desk -- Carlene looked for our message on her computer and we were told to call my mother in law's phone number. She said I could come around to the office and use their phone. Well my father in law had passed away. They let us use the phone again so that my husband could call his mom too. They also helped us to change our air flights so we could fly home out of St. Martin on that Sunday. They even called the next day to see how we were doing and told us we could use the phone again if we wanted to. (The price for us to use the phone in our room would have been about $7.00 per minute!!!)

The supervisor at the Purser's desk was Christine and she was just so nice and caring! She had someone help us get our luggage off the ship and to a taxi. They were just wonderful all the way around! We are very thankful to them for being so nice! It is very hard to be in the middle of the ocean when something like this happens and they helped to make it a little easier. They also offered to adjust the gratutities for the days that we would not be on the ship, but we declined because our room steward and waiter had been great too and we didn't want them to be penalized because of our mis-fortune. We understand that this is how they make their living. Hopefully we will have many more cruises in the future! Carnival will always be one of our top choices!

Thanks!

Dorie & Jerry Gorski

Please let me offer my most sincere condolences on your family's loss. I hope and pray that everyone, your husband and mother in law in particular, are holding up well.

It's good to hear that Carnival has a big heart and cares as much about their passengers as they do the bottom line.

God bless.

Mach

The same situation happened to DW & I several years ago while aboard the Paradise, at that time sailing a Mexican route. In Cozumel we called home, only to be told the my mother was seriously ill. We immediately returned to the ship and notified the Purser's Office of our plight. The following day, at sea between Mexico and Grand Caymen, we were notified that my mother had passed away. Like the original poster, we were given carte blanche with the Purser's cell phone. The Purser's Office made all the arrangements for us to leave the ship in Grand Caymen, as well as making all of our flight arrangements to return home ASAP. Believe me, they went out of their way to make a terrible situation much easier. Upon returning home and taking care of family obligations, I contacted Carnival's Corperate Office to thank those aboard the Paradise, by name, who had helped us through a tough situation.

Archived