rumbaba booked! 2nd choice opinions please

cotondog

Hello All!

I know there are several posts on day sails on this board, yet I am still having a tough decision making a choice, so apologize if it is becoming an old topic. Rumbaba is unfortunately booked, however High Pockets, Jolly Mon, Island Girl all have availability so far. I am also waiting for Interlinesail to respond. I am wondering do any of these stand out over one another, in terms of the boat, the lunch, where they take you? From what I read all the Captains sound like great people, with a wealth of experience and knowledge. I would love to hear any new opinions that might be able to help me make a choice. Many Thanks in advance!

I just researched all of these and chose Island Girl simply because they pick you up right at the ship. They all sound great, they all have great reveiws, they all have similar iteneraries. Saves you the trouble of finding transportation to Red Hook and back. Hope this helps.:)

We had a WONDERFUL day with Captain Charlie and First Mate Josh on the Simplicity as well. Beautiful boat, friendly, energetic and informative crew and great snorkeling. Josh guided us during snorkeling and he was a fabulous guide, informing us of what we were seeing. We saw stingray, turtles, a spotted eagle ray and lots of fish! You can book directly through simplicitycharters dot com or through islandmarketing dot com. The price is the same either way. Another advantage to this charter is that there is not a minimum # of people to book, and if you get lucky, you'll have the whole boat to yourselves, like we did! Good luck!

Rumbaba was the best day I have had on a vacation. No problem getting trans to redhook. Or return for that matter, our driver said she would come back for us and she was right on time. Sailing and Snorkeling were second to none along with their hospitality. But what will really impress you is when they call you in for lunch. The food Karen prepares (Cpt Bobby does the grilling) rivals the dinners on the ship. There were 6 of us, 2 had the tuna, 2 had the Filet and 2 had the chicken and they were all perfect. Along with her shrimp appitizer and chipolte chedder dip. I could go on, but you get the idea.

• 2 weeks later...
Rumbaba was the best day I have had on a vacation. No problem getting trans to redhook. Or return for that matter, our driver said she would come back for us and she was right on time. Sailing and Snorkeling were second to none along with their hospitality. But what will really impress you is when they call you in for lunch. The food Karen prepares (Cpt Bobby does the grilling) rivals the dinners on the ship. There were 6 of us, 2 had the tuna, 2 had the Filet and 2 had the chicken and they were all perfect. Along with her shrimp appitizer and chipolte chedder dip. I could go on, but you get the idea.
I need to go NOW! :rolleyes: We are booked with Rumbaba for April 16!:)

Did you just 'flag' a cab at the pier? And curious what the fare is and if the cost is per taxi or pp..? We have 6 going from our ship to Rumbaba at Red Hook..:p

Rumbaba is unfortunately booked, however High Pockets, Jolly Mon, Island Girl all have availability so far. ... I would love to hear any new opinions that might be able to help me make a choice.

The good news is I don't think there's a wrong decision to be made here. All the boats you're looking at seem to have achieved longevity in the business because they're good. No one lasts in these internet days with too much negative word of mouth!

We had a great day with Captain Kathleen on High Pockets on our recent Explorer cruise. Gracious, generous and professional service, delicious food and drink, top-notch snorkeling equipment and very nice company.

We were four from our ship (joined by another couple from the Jewel), so Kathleen sent the taxi service she uses to pick us up. It added $10 per person to the day, which was a bargain at $125 credit / $115 cash.

~ Peri

We were four from our ship (joined by another couple from the Jewel), so Kathleen sent the taxi service she uses to pick us up. It added $10 per person to the day, which was a bargain at $125 credit / $115 cash.

~ Peri

Hi, Did you ask Kathleen to arrange this transportation for you? This is the biggest drawback...Taking cab or bus to Red Hook..No time for shopping :(

Hi, Did you ask Kathleen to arrange this transportation for you? This is the biggest drawback...Taking cab or bus to Red Hook..No time for shopping :(

With four or more from the same ship/pier, Kathleen will send the taxi service she uses. It cost us $10 per person round trip and worked our perfectly.

~ Peri

Archived