NCL tour - Discover Kilauea Two Ways

bondscruisegal

Has anyone taken this tour? I'm looking for any information I can find to help decide between the Volcano National Park tour and the Discover Kilauea tour. From the tour descriptions I think the Kilauea tour sounds a little more exciting and fun. Thanks in advance for any information anyone has about this tour.

I haven't done this tour but we were at dinner with a couple who went on the tour. I remembered them because all they did was complain about the tour being over priced for what they got. I did a search here and came up with this from a member called lck98 here.

"We really enjoyed the islands. Our least favorite day was the Hilo day. We did the Discover Kilauea two ways tour. It was the only tour we booked through the ship and we didn't feel it was worth the price. We went to a black sand beach for a few minutes to take pictures and then up a mountain, where our 2 wheel drive van got stuck. We ended up being stuck on the mountain for 2 hours while they tried to get the van unstuck.'

Hope it helps.

Yes, we took the tour and it does not match the tour description and is grossly overpriced. All you do is go to a recent lava flow, and we never went near an underground cave.

I felt defrauded, but did not complain because I did not want to let anything ruin my vacation, but NCL should remove this tour.

Yes, we took the tour and it does not match the tour description and is grossly overpriced. All you do is go to a recent lava flow, and we never went near an underground cave.

I felt defrauded, but did not complain because I did not want to let anything ruin my vacation, but NCL should remove this tour.

I see the cave tour offered by Royal Caribbean called Explore the Land of Frozen Fire but the description on the NCL website doesn't offer the cave.

"Continuing on, you will travel to the Kazumura Cave system, the longest cave in the world with over 40 miles of lava tubes. Lava once flowed through this cave system on its way to the sea. Your guide will take you down into the cave for an exploration you will never forget!"

It's good that you didn't let the disappointment in that tour ruin it for you. The night we were at dinner with the couple, it seemed like that one tour ruined the night for them. We tried not to let it bother us, though, because, like you, we were there to have fun and this being our first cruise, everything was new and exciting.

Has anyone ever done the Frozen Fire tour?

Thanks for the input. I really appreciate it as I thought this sounded like an interesting tour. Will take your advice and pass this one up.

If you don't like driving, try Roberts Hawaii. They do tours only for NCL ships but are not affiliated with them in any way. Their website is www.gorabbitgo.com

Check it out. Good luck and above all....have fun on your cruise. Don't let anything or anyone spoil it for you.

Archived