Question about tipping baggage handlers when using Disney Ground transportation?

ajcolorado

I've only ever cruised on Royal Caribbean before and we drove ourselves to the pier so cruising with Disney is new to me.

We're staying at the WDW Wilderness Lodge and then going on a Disney cruise but this is not a Land/Sea package - it is two separate reservations. We booked ground transfers through Disney cruise line.

Will we have to handle our luggage at the pier or is it out of our hands when the it goes on the Disney Cruise line bus at the Wilderness Lodge?

Do we need to tip anyone in this process? If so, who and when?

I would appreciate hearing exactly how this process works from someone who has done it.

Thank you so much.

when you use disneys transportation they will take care of all your checked luggage. You should have a special luggage tag to put on them , so they will be taken care of.

I havnt riden the buses but i do believe I read some where they have a sign asking NO tipping for the driver. You wont see your luggage handlers so no tipping them either.

You should be all set.

If I am wrong I' sure someone will jump in to correct me. I am just going by what I have read for the tipping.

I know for those who drive themselves it is customary to tip $1 per bag for the porters who take your bags.

You can be safe by keeping a few bucks in your pocket and watch others who go before you if you dont see a sign. Every bus I have been on who accepts tips always have a sign about it and a container to put them in, so it should be obvious.

mom x4,grandma x4

DCL bus drivers will not accept tips. If you take another sort of bus, that may be standard, but for DCL bus drivers it is not.

Hey, I want my money back from that DCL bus driver that I tipped on my last cruise! ;) (Just kidding of course) I guess this is one of those questions that has a different answer for each person's experience. Our Disney Cruise Line bus drivers who carried us between the airport and port or resort and port have always willing accepted tips. Since they had to load our bags on and off of the buses we figured we'd tip. I guess the porters and waiters of the world have trained us a little too well!! :)

Cheryl

DCL bus drivers will not accept tips. If you take another sort of bus, that may be standard, but for DCL bus drivers it is not.

Wow. Not on any of the buses I was on last week. Not only do they accept tips, both Disney Cruise line and the Magical Express had signs that said, "Tips accepted for outstanding service".

Here is what happened with us and bags. I also did not book a land/sea package but stayed at the Beach Club the night before. We had a note put under our door that said to have all luggage for the ship ready to go inside the room by 8AM. A bellman came and got the luggage and we never saw it again until we were in our room on the ship. :) We were told to hand carry any valuables etc. and not to forget to put things we might want like bathing suits in our day bag. Those bags went either on board with us (small bags) or in the under bus luggage compartment on the bus. For those bags, we tipped the driver. Then we carried those on. Same thing for the way home although you pick up your luggage and put it on the bus and then tip those drivers who take it out for you.

Hope you have a great time. We sure did. One thing to mention though is to have all of your tip money before you get on the ship as there are no ATMs on board!!!!

Tricia

Archived