Montego Bay/Ocho Rios how far apart?

runner1909

If you are docking in Montego Bay, you will waste 4 hours commuting to Ocho Rios and spend a lot of money in cab fare. We just spent an entire day at Sunset Beach Resort in Montego Bay which is a $2 per person cab ride from the dock. They charge $20 per person to use their facilities for the day but it is well worth it. All drinks, food, lounges, umbrellas, pools, etc are included in the $20 fee. It's only 5 minutes away from dock and well worth the price.

Kellyann, what did you think of the beaches at Sunset Beach? I'm trying to decide between Doctor's Cave Beach & Sunset. The fact that Sunset Beach is all inclusive doesn't matter much to me because I don't drink much. Since I moved to Colorado, my beach time has become precious and I try to find the nicest beaches I can. (Didn't know how good I had it when I could drive to the beach in less than three hours when I lived back East. :( )

Because of the recent hurricane, the beach and water had quite a lot of debris from the downed palm trees. All along the waterways, you could see large trees laying on their side totally uprooted. Boats were submerged or piled on top of one another. They were hit pretty badly so I don't know what it will be like when you are there. Under ordinary circumstances the beach and water would have been fine, but the timing of our cruise was not good. As much as I love the ocean, I ended up in the pool at Sunset Beach. Maybe you could find a message board for people going there for the week and get feedback on which might be the better beach. Have a great time!

Hi Nina,

If you are wanting the better beach- it is definitely Doctor's Cave. It is beautiful -- and even on our $50 bill! Sunset Beach is a great price for all the food etc.-- but the area that it is located is actually man-made. It is still very nice-- but if you just interested in the beach-- Doctor's Cave is better. It is $5US to get in. If you want to leave to shop etc.-- they will stamp your hand to let you back in. There are changing rooms/showers... umbrellas and chairs to rent-- also food and drinks to purchase there as well. If you go to google and do an image search- there are some nice pics you could look at.

All the best!

Archived