Topo, La Paz, Loreto, Cabo, PV, and Mazatlan

Playsprite

We are going to be on the Ryndam April 5, Just DH and myself. Personally I would hit the beach, drink margarita's, snorkel, and drink margarita's in every port, but DH doesn't snorkel much or get in the water much. He does however like fishing so a fishing trip is in the works. So far we are looking at La Paz or Cabo for the fishing. I really am not into the cruise ship tours. I always feel like I paid way too much. What is there to do in Topolobampo besides the loooonnnnggg train ride? (which we won't be doing) I have googled Topolobampo and haven't gotten hardly any results. Is it a place I should plan on hitting the beach and snorkeling as there is nothing else there? Other places seem to have more options. As much as I want to snorkel the whole time I need to plan a few trips for da Boss!

Any suggestions feedback etc are welcome. Also will the whales still be running? I know it will be the end of the season but was hoping.. will I see dolphins??

Playsprite

Chances are, most of the whales will be gone around the Cabo area, but you may get lucky. Don't know much about the fishing in La Paz. When we are in Cabo every year, it seems most of the fishing boats head up the Pacific side (north). We watch them from the balcony of our timeshare.

Here is a fishing chart you may find useful. Unfortunately, April doesn't look all that great.

http://www.cabosportfishingfleet.com/fishing_season.htm

Also, this next link will take you to a VERY active Cabo San Lucas forum board run by TripAdvisors (CruiseCritics parent company). There are many avid fishermen on that board who can help you.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g152515-i84-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

Archived