Can you bring wine/alcohol on board and consume in cabin?

DGF

I noted many comments on being able to bring wine/alcohol on board and corkage fee of $20 if consume wine in dining room.

However, in Oceania 2008 brochures under General Information it states "Alcohol Policy- "Oceania Cruises reserves the right to prohibit and retain all alcohol bought ashore for consumption onboard the vessel"

Can anyone help by providing your experiences in 2008

Thanks

Lynn answered the same question in a similar thread -- the policy you cite is a protective policy that is in place should they need it. It is not enforced at the present time. As proof of that, there are frequent reminders in the daily "Currents" newsletter mentioning that personal liquor supplies should not be consumed in public areas. They would not mention that if they were not permitting personal supplies in your cabin.

I'm sure if there was an outbreak of boorish behavior as a result of their generous policy, they would break out the rule you mentioned and begin to enforce it. In the meantime, the key word is that the company "reserves" the right to ban personal supplies of alcohol. Don't worry about it. That policy has been in place for years before 2008.

Lynn answered the same question in a similar thread -- the policy you cite is a protective policy that is in place should they need it. It is not enforced at the present time. As proof of that, there are frequent reminders in the daily "Currents" newsletter mentioning that personal liquor supplies should not be consumed in public areas. They would not mention that if they were not permitting personal supplies in your cabin.

I'm sure if there was an outbreak of boorish behavior as a result of their generous policy, they would break out the rule you mentioned and begin to enforce it. In the meantime, the key word is that the company "reserves" the right to ban personal supplies of alcohol. Don't worry about it. That policy has been in place for years before 2008.

Sorry about that. I see there was a duplicate thread created. Hopefully one of the coordinators will kill this one

Archived