Some people have told me to checkmout the "Movie Helicoptor ride" Info?

bobbymcgee

I remember a movie land tour ... was there a movie helicopter tour as well?? Maybe there was ... I vaguely recall information about something like that.

After a little more research on the net, it looks as though the helicopter is an add-on the movie land tour. Sounds like it'd be very worthwhile though most Kauai helicopter companies seem to offer some level of movie location viewing as well.

Spleen

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;9;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  until RSSC Navigator - Canada - 6/04

Carnival Conquest - W. Caribbean - 10/03, Celebrity Infinity - Alaska - 6/03, Ocean Princess - Alaska - 7/02

Thanks for your help! When booking these tours ie: helicopters and land tours and shuttles, is there anything I should be aware of? there's a lot of companies, are they all pretty reputable? I'd hate to book my kids on a helicopter ride and get there to see something unsafe or inexperienced.

mb

We called the Hawaii Movie tour company directly to do the booking. They were extremely helpful and answered all our questions. Their company was featured on a local travel show here in California, so we actually saw the person on TV that we talked to on the phone.

We did the Movie Tour this past Feb. It was great! They take you to all different places where movies were filmed on Kauai. You also stop at a beautiful beach for lunch. It was worth every penny!

Before we left for Hawaii, we rented and watched several moives that were filmed on Kauai. Make sure you rent and watch "Blue Hawaii" with Elvis even if you're not an Elvis fan. icon_smile.gif Cause they take you to the Coco Palms. icon_smile.gif

We didn't do the helicopter portion because it's after the land portion, so you don't get to the heliport until almost 3:00 p.m. and I read that weather and wind conditions are usually better in the morning. So we booked our helicopter ride separately with Island Helicopters for the next morning.

Enjoy Hawaii...it's definitely paradise on earth. icon_biggrin.gif

catinthehat.gif

Archived