Best way to shop and book the next cruise?

Happy2bCrews

We just got back from our first cruise onboard the Jewel. We loved it and have been bitten by the cruising bug. What is the best way to find the deals and book? We booked this last trip about 6 weeks in advance through an internet agency. We thought we got a good deal on a mini suite but would love to hear of others experiences on where to shop. Planning our next cruise now!

I have always found the best prices by first, booking early and second, by booking at less desirable times of the year, i.e. early May or October. Or as you did, book a month or so out but I like to have something on the calendar to look forward to.

We stay away from June thru August when prices seem to be the highest.

You might find an offer here and there but again, they are usually dictated by less desirable weeks and the price lowered to fill the ship.

Hope this helps as now that you are hopelessly addicted like the rest of us you will need to do this once or twice a year!

Since we're not allowed to name TAs here, I'd recommend you google it. There are several large volume online TAs. There is also a site where different TAs compete for your business. And, as the previous poster stated, we travel during off times so we can do it more often.

How far in advance (or how close to departure) gives the best prices for a cruise? (Including air fare over seas, Florida to Dover, England)

This is our first cruise, ever. I just booked, but wonder if it gets cheaper as we get closer to the date, or if it will remain the same cost, or if arranging a year in advance is a good way to save $$.

How far in advance (or how close to departure) gives the best prices for a cruise? (Including air fare over seas, Florida to Dover, England)

This is our first cruise, ever. I just booked, but wonder if it gets cheaper as we get closer to the date, or if it will remain the same cost, or if arranging a year in advance is a good way to save $$.

We booked our June cruise last July and rates have just gone up since then. Most of the advice I've seen says to book early unless you have the stomach to wait around for last minute deals and just take what is available.

We've also been searching London airfare since July and it hasn't changed. we finally booked our tickets a couple of weeks ago but they cost more than we had hoped to pay. Some people are more laid back and willing to wait, I'm one of those that likes to have everything planned well in advance. Because of this we may miss out on a fare sale, but thats the chance I had to take!!:eek:

Since we're not allowed to name TAs here, I'd recommend you google it. There are several large volume online TAs. There is also a site where different TAs compete for your business. And, as the previous poster stated, we travel during off times so we can do it more often.

We have booked many times through the site where TA's compete for your business with great success. However, today I submitted a request and received quotes for a Royal Caribbean cruise next year where the lowest price was the same as on Royal Caribbean's website and the others were all higher!:eek:

We have booked many times through the site where TA's compete for your business with great success. However, today I submitted a request and received quotes for a Royal Caribbean cruise next year where the lowest price was the same as on Royal Caribbean's website and the others were all higher!:eek:

From what I understand RCCL does not allow TA's to list prices lower than what they offer.

We booked our Med cruise a month ahead. We thought we got a pretty good deal. At least, that is what some people told us. We were talking with one man who asked what we paid for booking so late, we told him, and he said that his bar bill alone was that much! LOL!

We booked our June cruise last July and rates have just gone up since then. Most of the advice I've seen says to book early unless you have the stomach to wait around for last minute deals and just take what is available.

We've also been searching London airfare since July and it hasn't changed. we finally booked our tickets a couple of weeks ago but they cost more than we had hoped to pay. Some people are more laid back and willing to wait, I'm one of those that likes to have everything planned well in advance. Because of this we may miss out on a fare sale, but thats the chance I had to take!!:eek:

This is slightly off topic to the original post but a little known fact about airfares, if you book directly through the airline and the airfare goes down they often will give you a credit (not a refund) for the difference in fare if you ask. I was told this by a frequent traveler and have only tried it once with United Airlines on a transatlantic ticket but I got a voucher for the full difference in fare to use on any united ticket purchase for the next year.

To answer the OPs question I found a great TA who gives me at least 15% off the cruise lines price on every cruise through a website that was previously mentioned where TAs compete for your business. I cannot divulge the website on here but you should be able to find it on Google. Just be careful because many TAs on there charge cancellation fees even before final payment. Mine does not.

Archived