Hairsalon On the Cruise

cnewberry23

For the formal night I was wanting to get my hair fixied. Just curled with a curling iron. No washing or drying, just curled. Is it pretty expensive? Over $20.00 would be too expensive for me, just to get my hair curled with a iron. I have shoulder length hair and I Just want kinda that wavy curly look. Kinda like the celebs. wear there's. I'd do it myself, but I can do the sides, but I cant do the back very good. SO I thought instead of stressing, I'd just let someone do it for me. Has anyone had their hair done on the Cruise before? Do they do a good job, and how much does it usually cost. Any advise would be helpful!!:)

If you decide to do it book early! Costs on port days are often less then sea days.

Does anyone know if you can book these appointments before boarding? I'd like to get my hair blown out for one of the formal nights, and I know when I tried to get an appointment previously, they were booked very quickly!

Don't think so:confused: especially if on a sea day.It is usually the first thing I do after boarding. Go directly to the Spa and takes about 15 minutes to book your salon appts.Your other appts i.e. massages ,manicures etc.. can be booked on line ahead of time.

Blow dry also going to be very very expensive. I would love to get my hair put up but it costs $50 for that and that's without wash and dry. IMHO they absolutely RAPE you on the salon charges but according to my travel agent they don't care because people pay it! I have constantly complained about it and she said yes I agree but you know what? People pay it so they aren't even going to TRY and reduce anything. Amazing. I can't imagine paying that kind of good money for a hair do. I guess everyone has their priorities though right?

cnewberry-i'll tell you a secret-shhhhh-don't tell my hub i told you...

I was in the same boat as you, could do the front/sides of my hair but could never get to the back well enough...

I trained hub a few years ago to do the back of my hair for me! LOL! He does a GREAT job! He can do the straight iron, curl it, whatever I ask!

Too bad he's not coming with me on my cruise :(

If you have a hub or SO start showing him how to do it! You may have to take it out in trade, but better that than a $50+ salon bill! LOL!! :p

cnewberry23, I'am a hair stylist too, and I'd sure like to charge the kind of fees they do on a crusie. Then I could cruise more! I'am in grow out transition mode, so I took a few clip in hair pieces with me. What with the pool, wind and DOD's, I found it so easy to ponytail my hair and clip in some curls. Good to go.

Archived