cabin size

That really depends on you and your teens and your personal tastes and desires. 170 square feet computes to a 10 x 17 room. This will include the bathroom and closet space.

Look closely at the floor plan on the RCCI website as well as any pictures you can find. The pullman beds drop down from the ceiling, probably over the bed. Look at the picture of the room, and you will see a rectulangular item that is slightly lower than the ceiling.....that is a pullman.

You might try searching on the following site for pictures of a room like yours:

http://cruiseclues.com/

I believe if you check into it, you will only pay extra for the 2 adults, and the cost for the teens will remain the same, so an upgrade may not be all that outrageous in cost. Of course, there is also the possibility that the upgrade fairy will smile upon you.

In any case, enjoy your cruise!

Joe

We are booked on Serenade on deck 4 large oceanview. The cabin is 170 sq ft. Will 4 of us fit comfortably? 2adults and 2 teens?

Will you fit - yes. Will it be comfortable - I would say no

A couple things to think about -

1 bathroom (4 showers to take)

Also, it's a tight sqeeze when you get back from a day at port and everyone has to get ready for formal night. Can make space an issue.

I think you can do it (at least I've heard that others do it). I think my advice depends on your sitatuion. Can you afford to upgrade (to a suite) or do 2 inside rooms? If you can, I think you would find it much more enjoyable. If you can't - think of creative solutions and work it out and enjoy vacation!

We always do a balcony for hubby, daughter and I with a pulldown bunk above for her.......it's comfortable and doable for a week. We have to carefully "orchestrate"

shower rituals, but other than that it's ok. Our 2 teen sons are across the hall, or down the hall, from us. Maybe if funds are not an issue you could get them their own cabin, you will love the privacy and not having to share a tiny bathroom for 4 people :)

We got back from a caribbean cruise (on a different cruiseline) where we had 4 (23+ yos) (DDs, DSILs) in one cabin and 3 (me, DH, DS) in another. We had so much fun! I made sure everyone packed wisely given the lack of storage space in the cabins and we had no problem fitting everyone in comfortably! Showers were staggered so we never ran into any problems with everyone getting ready for the day or for dinner. I would do it again in a heartbeat!!!!

See, it's quite individual. I wouldn't put 4 adult-sized people in one of those rooms. Yes, you may just use it to sleep, but it's also a nice retreat, if there's enough space--and there won't be in one of those cabins. They are truly small! 10X17--add beds, vanity, chair, all your stuff.... Not how I'd want to spend a week's vacation!

Archived