All things Independence of the Seas

Thanks for the link - it looks great - like the Mariner on steroids!

Based on most of the British commentary I have seen so far - they seem quite flummoxed by the scale of the ship - surprising since the QM2's home is Southampton also. Granted her style is very different but she is still an enormous ship.

Hi

Here is a link to the BBC website to see some video of Independence while it is berthed in Southampton, England to be launched.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7373987.stm

The website does allow this to be shared so I'm hoping I'm not breaking any copyright laws by posting this.

WOW thats cool, thanks for sharing.

Hi everyone, thought I would check out this thread because I just booked my first RCCL cruise this morning, sailing around the Med on Independance, Im so excited I dont know how Im going to survive the wait until next April!

Here's a thought that keeps buzzing around my head - how on earth are you all planning on keeping in touch with each other on such a huge ship? Im worried that we will get split up and not find each other again :o

Im thinking maybe of giving the Kids a walkie talkie or something? would they work? or possibly buying a sim card for my cell and my kids cell phones in the UK so I can text them to find out where they are? (my kids will be 11 and 13 when we sail)

Hubby wants to know if they will have any real ales or draft beers in the pub thats in the promenade?

Hi all

thanks Dellas 1000 for those fab videos. The flowrider guy made that look very easy - :eek:

Welcome Gixer - we are planning to take Walkie Talkies with us and I am sure they are allowed, (within certain specifications). You can find info on the RCI website.

Lisa

:D Hi all

Great Photos.................I think they were taken by Dellas1000 who posted some links also on the 'All Things thread.............

What a great journey log and yes, the ship looks super dooper

For those of you that are sailing the Med which dinner seating have you picked? Initially I thought late would be good and give us more time because some of the port days are pretty intensive, especially the Italian ones, but Im not sure I want to be still in the dining room at 10.30 - 11pm?

I have booked late but I think maybe I might change it to early, what about everyone else?