All things Independence of the Seas

For anyone sailing on this ship I was just checking pricing from Charlotte, NC to Gatwick and the price is $1,053.00 plus taxes for two round trip. That is a great price as they have been around $1,200 roundtrip per person.

I got a text message today from a contact on the ship...it said....Onboard WOW. Yes to kettles :D :D

Personally there is no way I will be making my own tea in my cabin when cruising...geez I do that all the time at home...but hey each to their own.

I prefer to use Room Service :D

Thanks for all your lovely pictures everyone!

Just a quick question if you dont mind about setting up on board credit account. Just wondered (probably a question for the Brits!) whether its best to let RCI convert the dollars into sterling or your credit card company. Which is the most cost effective. Does anyone know???

Thanks

(sailing 21st May!!!!!!!!!!!)

Probably a dumb question, but I presume she is staying put in Southampton now until the 30th when she does her VIP 2 night trip, as I am planning on visiting Southampton tomorrow to see her and dont want a wasted journey :-)

Thanks James.

She stays in Southampton until 28th..she does a 2nighter then....and then the 2nighter on 30th.

Probably a dumb question, but I presume she is staying put in Southampton now until the 30th when she does her VIP 2 night trip, as I am planning on visiting Southampton tomorrow to see her and dont want a wasted journey :-)

Thanks James.

Be sure to post your pictures:D

Just a note, Indy was on BBC ONE-SHOW with:eek: Carol Thatcher this eve and she looks FAB:cool: , I am wishin now I had time to do the Cork trip on her Maiden Voyage:) ................ Rich

Thanks for all your lovely pictures everyone!

Just a quick question if you dont mind about setting up on board credit account. Just wondered (probably a question for the Brits!) whether its best to let RCI convert the dollars into sterling or your credit card company. Which is the most cost effective. Does anyone know???

Thanks

(sailing 21st May!!!!!!!!!!!)

I always tick the credit card box but when my bill comes the ships conversion has kicked in:mad: .... they may make commission on it:eek: ... Rich

p.s I think (maybe wrong) but get a better exchange us U.K's doing it through C Cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a note, Indy was on BBC ONE-SHOW with:eek: Carol Thatcher this eve and she looks FAB:cool: , I am wishin now I had time to do the Cork trip on her Maiden Voyage:) ................ Rich

Here's the link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b00b1nzy.shtml

Nice one Carol shame about the travel agent.

Looks fantastic.

I always tick the credit card box but when my bill comes the ships conversion has kicked in:mad: .... they may make commission on it:eek: ... Rich

p.s I think (maybe wrong) but get a better exchange us U.K's doing it through C Cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I let the ship do it, the rate is so good who care about a few wxtra pounds :D

Any UK passenger would save some money if they have a Nationwide Credit Card or a Post Office credit card, as both of these DO NOT charge an exchange rate conversion fee on foreign transactions. I only use these cards when abroad, and if you total everything on every trip - it is quite a saving! So I will be ticking (I already have on line) the box that states 'I do not require RCI to make the currency conversion fee.'

Every little helps!:p

...and how many mistakes did you spot?! Implying she was the only ship with rockwall, flowrider, skating rink, biggest ship (then adding 'plus her 2 sister ships'), almost a passing mention of 'Genesis'. I know CT was only saying what she was told, but surely someone should have done a bit of research.

Simon